The MT-07 Forum

New Wannabe

e30kawi

New wannabe owner. I am on a couple other forums that have the FZ07 as a sub forum.  But I want to follow this bike specifically and this looks like a good spot.  I want to buy one of these as soon as the hype dies down and show room inventory stacks up. Hoping to see lots of pictures of peoples bikes and simple mods.  I don't post much but I will be reading on here constantly. Thanks everyone.

Guest montana07

Welcome! Where you from? I assume the south since riding season will likely be over in much of the country by the time hype dies down

• Global Moderator

Hey e30kawi ! Welcome and thanks for joining us. The more, the merrier!

I think Yamaha hit the sweet spot with this machine. If you get a chance you should take one out for a test drive. I am sure you'll be amazed.

So, e30kawi, i understant that you're expecting to buy a FZ-07 somewhere in the mid-season of 2015. Maybe at this time, dealer will be able to let some bike in their showroom. As Guru said, go test drive it. ;)

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

Yeah I'm down in Texas and usually ride almost year round, maybe all year this year if I get some new gear. I'd love to test ride one but most dealers won't let you and Yamaha seems to think Texans only buy trucks as their demo days aren't coming down here this year.

I am anxiously awaiting to pick one up, preferably white, but I just don't like the look of glossy black wheels with dull tires. But I also don't care for the blue frame on the graphite either. Decisions decisions.

• 8 months later...
  • Premium Member
snowdriftless
I am anxiously awaiting to pick one up, preferably white, but I just don't like the look of glossy black wheels with dull tires. But I also don't care for the blue frame on the graphite either. Decisions decisions.
You could always get the rims repainted Color Rite has the paint color, it's just a matter of finding a shop that will paint the wheels right. I am thinking of doing the same thing, but I imagine keeping white rims looking nice and clean would be a B!#<#!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

P.S. Welcome!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

I never noticed the wheels being glossy. Maybe they were in the showroom. If you prefer them matte, you are OK. 

Yeah I'm down in Texas and usually ride almost year round, maybe all year this year if I get some new gear. I'd love to test ride one but most dealers won't let you and Yamaha seems to think Texans only buy trucks as their demo days aren't coming down here this year. 
Hey, welcome aboard! I have a white one and wanted it to have a little more pop so I added on a couple things that are blue and now I'm thinking about using some blue pin striping either on my tank or wheels to give them some pop, too and tie them in. [attachment id=146" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome!  I purchased a red bike and changed the red body panels for white.  I now have a white bike with a black frame.

P.S. Welcome! 

Lol, thanks for all the welcomes to the forum everybody, I lurk around but am not a new member, I posted that intro before all of y'all registered, but I still haven't bothered to pick up an 07 as I don't want to pay $8k plus for one just yet.

Welcome!  I purchased a red bike and changed the red body panels for white.  I now have a white bike with a black frame.
Are you saying you painted them or bought new ones?

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Lol, thanks for all the welcomes to the forum everybody, I lurk around but am not a new member, I posted that intro before all of y'all registered, but I still haven't bothered to pick up an 07 as I don't want to pay $8k plus for one just yet.

haha, we are like Jehovah Witnesses, we keep on nocking on your door until you get one. 

Oh, and Welcome !!! respect-062.gif

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
I purchased 2 side panels and the center piece panel all new in white for around $160.  I reused the hardware from the red panels.  There are 2 damper (foam) pieces on each side panel that stick onto each side panel(inside).  I purchased these also since I did not want to remove the dampers from the red panels and reuse.  These foam damper pieces are only a few dollars to purchase.  You could reuse these damper pieces, but you may need to use double sided tape or glue to reuse them.

Lol, thanks for all the welcomes to the forum everybody,I don't want to pay $8k plus for one just yet.
Yuk, they are $6990 plus 300 dealer fee up here in the Live Free or Die state. Hard to believe something is cheaper here in the North! Lol. 

RRokay Raggie

Lol, thanks for all the welcomes to the forum everybody,I don't want to pay $8k plus for one just yet.
Yuk, they are $6990 plus 300 dealer fee up here in the Live Free or Die state. Hard to believe something is cheaper here in the North! Lol.
I would have thought being in the great state of Texas, they would be cheaper than some of the northern/west coast states.

I purchased 2 side panels and the center piece panel all new in white for around $160.  I reused the hardware from the red panels.  There are 2 damper (foam) pieces on each side panel that stick onto each side panel(inside).  I purchased these also since I did not want to remove the dampers from the red panels and reuse.  These foam damper pieces are only a few dollars to purchase.  You could reuse these damper pieces, but you may need to use double sided tape or glue to reuse them.
$160 .... I take it painting them was out of the question for some reason. As long as you're happy with it is all that matters. Now you got me thinking, maybe I'll just break out the old Paasche double action and do a cool custom paint job on mine some day. Since I'm in Florida maybe I'll do an ocean theme and paint a dolphin clubbing a Japanese fisherman. Naaah, too politically incorrect and flames are over done so no on that also ... any suggestions, anyone? (mine is white)

Beemer

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Since I'm in Florida maybe I'll do an ocean theme and paint a dolphin clubbing a Japanese fisherman. Naaah, too politically incorrect and flames are over done so no on that also ... any suggestions, anyone? (mine is white)
The hello Kitty theme seems popular in some areas.  O_o 
Just ask @admin about it.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Ha, ha but ummmmm, no! (Hello Kitty (puke)) A dolphin clubbing Hello Kitty would be popular in many areas. Awesome, just like in Happy Tree Friends!

Beemer

Archived