The MT-07 Forum

One turn signal not blinking

unihc

So some moron managed to hit my bike with a lawn mower while it was parked at home. It knocked it over and did cosmetic damage and snapped the clutch lever. Now the front left turn signal won't blink. The running light works just not the signaling part. I replaced the bulb, but got the same results. I checked the wiring behind the headlight, but nothing was loose or looked damaged. Any suggesting on what to check next or where to look?

The best thing would be a multimeter to check for 12v at the light socket, maybe a soldier joint came loose. If there is no power there just keep back tracking the wires till you find your 12v signal.
If you don't have a multimeter (voltage Guage) go to harbor freight, they have cheap ones for under $10.

You do or don't
Then your dead.

To order a tail tidy click
One-off-fabrication.myshopify.com

I figured it out.I got a multimeter and narrowed the problem down to the wiring that goes directly to the bulb. Whenever the bike went down, the wire from the signal relay got pinched enough to sever it. The bike is 100 percent legal again, just not as pretty. Now I just have to wait for the damages to get estimated so I can get my check and get new parts!

Archived