The MT-07 Forum

New old guy

bz870

I don't have a FZ-07 . I have got on this forum so I could learn more of the working of this new bike. I have always been a fan of light and quick bikes. I had RD-350's and 400's when they were new. I wanted to buy one of these when I first heard of them. I even called Yamaha and asked if they were going to import it! They told me no so I bought a Kawasaki 650 Versys that I now have. I still want to buy an FZ-07 but seeing it is zero out side and I will not be riding anything right now I can find out from others likes and maybe dislikes.  Thanks for the forum. Buz  

• Global Moderator

Bey @bz870, welcome. Great to have you on board. Ask away, a lot of us have nothing better to do until the weather clears up, haha.
You do realize that you will be trading in you Kawa soon right? Come to think of it, now might be a good time to consider shopping, those dealers are usually hurting in the winter and they might be able to cut you a good deal. If you love the RD series, you will love the 07. Not the craziness of a two stroke but it has the same pedigree feel to it.
Where do you live?

I live in Ma. I am in a town called Monson. We have been plowing snow for two weeks. More to come in two days.
Your right shopping is good this time of year. I know I was general manager of three motorcycle dealerships.
I just got on here so I need to figure out if you can put up a profile.
I am retired and have been riding for fifty years.
Buz

The engine of the 07 is way more refined than the versys's engine. Horsepower, torque AND no vibration for the Yamaha. Negatives points: it took me several weeks to get used to the seat. At the beginning, it became a pain in the butt after 2 hours of riding. The passenger seat is a joke. But i ride solo with this bike.

I can't compare the fun factor with the RD series. But, the fun factor is near the one offered by the RZ350. Two stroke bike have something very special.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Global Moderator

I seem to be in the minority but I like the seat. Maybe I have a Yamaha shaped butt :). I concidered the Versys but did not test ride one. I love my FZ and have nothing bad to say about the bike (once you get rid of the cantaloupe turn signals).

Ya seats are just one of those things that fit you or not. I can ride the Versys 100mi. then I am squirming. My son also has a Versys and he can ride 200mi and get gas and ride another 200 and never fell bad.
The FZ-07 is a lot lighter and sporty. Smaller gas tank, I like a lot of gas. Maybe they will make a FJ-07, Ha that would be a blast also. Think 21" ft. and 18" rear. Best of all the worlds.
Buz

Archived