The MT-07 Forum

LED Blinkers/Flashers

wooosaaaw

I was running though the accessories for the MT-07 in Europe and saw these blinkers made for the mt-07:

http://www.yamaha-motor.eu/eu/products/motorcycles/mt/mt-07.aspx?view=accessories&partcode=YME-W0789-00-00&year=2015

I still haven't found anything available in the US, has anyone else seen these? They look pretty wicked, here is a youtube video i found with them installed:

Guest whitegas

They aren't. You need to import them.

Don't be scared about buying things from other countries. I've had to buy things from Spain and Australia for my FZ07.

What whitegas said. I searched ebay and got one set from England and another from Australia. Same with several other parts from the euro accessory catalog that I got.

I got my radiator guard from England. Well, I am getting it from England....it's still in transit.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Premium Member

I have two brand new sets of those Yamaha LED blinkers if you are interested. I ordered them from the UK, and right after I found a set from Italy that I imported that I liked slightly better.

PM me if you are interested...

:)

- Paulie

fooschnickens

I'd like to find a set that are half white and half amber LEDs. The white would stay illuminated like running lights but would switch off when the turn signal is activated and blink amber.

Guest whitegas
I'd like to find a set that are half white and half amber LEDs. The white would stay illuminated like running lights but would switch off when the turn signal is activated and blink amber.
Lightech has a set like that, although I can't say if the white turns off when you blink, looking at pics I'm guessing they don't.   Around 80 bucks for a pair.

Kellerman does as well, but these aren't cheap. A pair of them will run you about 170.00

Mine were pretty cheap and I was able to rig them up to work with both the white/amber on at the same time and also flash correctly. I got them from the guy who sold me my tail kit. If anyone is interested, I can get his contact info. Pretty sure I posted it in my initial thread after I got them working correctly (if you search my posts for "LED running lights")
I'm quite happy with how it worked out and love that I was able to have the fronts on all the time.  The fender eliminator looks great too!
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YatejGGsStI]

fooschnickens
Lightech has a set like that, although I can't say if the white turns off when you blink, looking at pics I'm guessing they don't.   Around 80 bucks for a pair. 
Kellerman does as well, but these aren't cheap. A pair of them will run you about 170.00

As long as they're a three wire setup I can work out the rest. Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into those. 
@dewski were yours three wire as well?

Yes...3 wire. Crossed 2 of them so I could run both the whites/ambers as daytime running lights. Took a lil trial and error but working great now and they were quite cheap (like 20 bux for the set of 4)

fooschnickens
Yes...3 wire. Crossed 2 of them so I could run both the whites/ambers as daytime running lights. Took a lil trial and error but working great now and they were quite cheap (like 20 bux for the set of 4)
I checked all his stuff but he only seems to be selling 2-wire lights now assuming the ones on his site are the same as his ebay store. 

Guest August BB
I wonder if anyone has tried one of these with the two-wire LEDs to use them as DRL and turn signals... 

Yes, I have them on with my Barracuda Futuras.  Only problem I have is I wired them up with relays but the relays don't seem to work with the Genie.  I have the relays with the Barracuda on the rear blinkers and they work just fine, but as soon as I attach and run the front, the blinkers go into fast mode.

As far as the running lights go, they work as intended.

Here is my setup without the lights wired

here is my first one that I wired (more wire length on it)

Anyway, I can't get a pic or vid of the actual lights in use because after I rode once with them, the cheap inner plastic adapters I have from ebay broke (I'm having a bad streak of ebay purchases for my fz07) so I had to remove them and reinstall OEM signals.  I ordered aluminum adapters and are waiting on those to reinstall my LEDs.

fooschnickens
I wonder if anyone has tried one of these with the two-wire LEDs to use them as DRL and turn signals... 

Yes, I have them on with my Barracuda Futuras.  Only problem I have is I wired them up with relays but the relays don't seem to work with the Genie.  I have the relays with the Barracuda on the rear blinkers and they work just fine, but as soon as I attach and run the front, the blinkers go into fast mode. 
As far as the running lights go, they work as intended.

Here is my setup without the lights wired

here is my first one that I wired (more wire length on it)

Anyway, I can't get a pic or vid of the actual lights in use because after I rode once with them, the cheap inner plastic adapters I have from ebay broke (I'm having a bad streak of ebay purchases for my fz07) so I had to remove them and reinstall OEM signals.  I ordered aluminum adapters and are waiting on those to reinstall my LEDs.

I'm curious why you added relays into the mix, unless you're talking about an aftermarket blinker relay. 
Can you post up a wiring diagram of how you have them set up?

Guest August BB

Don't know if relay is the right word. Load resisters. Whatever it is to make the blinker blink normally and not fast.

Anyway I set it up the way the genie instructions shown, basically between the connection to the bike and the genie is where they want you to place the resistors.

The first pic link I have (the one without the lights wired in) shows you basically the way it is set up. The resistor is the long skinny one, the genie is the smaller flat one with the yellow wire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Got 'em on my bike...

I like them a lot. Going to order them through ebay but wanted to ask if there was other accessories you needed to order to make these work w/ US-spec FZ? From the product page, it doesn't seem like there's any wiring that comes with them? TIA

They come with resistors but I picked up a "led" Yamaha flasher relay from Cycle Gear. Running the rear wiring can be a lot of work but I used the original wiring as a "chase" wire, taping the new wiring to it and just pulled it through.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
They come with resistors but I picked up a "led" Yamaha flasher relay from Cycle Gear. Running the rear wiring can be a lot of work but I used the original wiring as a "chase" wire, taping the new wiring to it and just pulled it through.

None, the flasher relay's purpose is to make it blink at a normal rate right? Thanks :) Just played 2 orders on ebay.

Archived