The MT-07 Forum

Hello, New to posting long time lurker

squintyeyes

Hello fellow Fz-07s'! 

I've been a long time lurker and finally decided i should do some posting. 

Here is my baby, White 07 with all the trimmings 
KD1MvLa.jpg?1

Here is the front 
ESAdUPL.jpg?1

I would love to hear from other members on what else i should do or what the next upgrades are except suspension since im waiting to see more options come out.

• Premium Member

Looks nice! What did you use for painting the vent screens? I havent gotten around to doing that yet, but wanted to since it ties in the red spring. Wasnt sure on what product and color red would match best.

• Premium Member

The LED signals are sweet. Do you have a link where I can find them? You've done just about all the mods I want to do so far. Very nice ride.

• Global Moderator

Welcome @squintyeyes, great to see you here. I love the white with red combo!

Looks nice! What did you use for painting the vent screens? I havent gotten around to doing that yet, but wanted to since it ties in the red spring. Wasnt sure on what product and color red would match best.
So i was gonna plasti dip the vent screens then i learned Yamaha makes them and there actually not the same as the stock ones. They have bigger holes and you are instructed to install them over the stock ones. So in the front there are the orginal black mesh under the red mesh. The aftermarket yamaha ones protrude out more also and i highly recomend them for looks, but they are a painnn to put on. You have to take off the entire side panel and these annoying clips.

Those bits of red set it off fine, like it. do the bar end mirrors work? do they cramp your
style when filtering? they look good.
Thank you,
[span]    [/span]I absolutely love the bar ends! They work so much better than the stock, i can see the entire lane next to me and feel more confident when changing lanes. Sorry what do you mean by filtering? Do you mean lane splitting? If so i bought the lane splitting versions so they fold in and work great. Haven't had a problems the few times I've lane split. 

The LED signals are sweet. Do you have a link where I can find them? You've done just about all the mods I want to do so far. Very nice ride.
Ok So they are the same styling but i had to buy 2 different sets from different companies because the front signals need way more of the metal screw stalk to be able to bolt on because the front has a big gap the bolt needs to go onto 
I bought these for the back then found out the front had to longer 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J5BEZLK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then i bought this set to use on the front since the pic looks like the stalk goes much longer and they worked 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271606520792?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

So if you buy the ebay 4 pack all four should be able to install 

• 2 weeks later...
squintyeyes
What kind of levers are those? Puig? How is the quality of the fit on those levers?
Nope just cheap foldable and length adjustable one from Amazon I think. Made by a company called rideit I think. Only like 60 bucks or so and I like them 

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome! Your next upgrade should be Yoshi..... Frame Sli.... Bar end.... Lever.... LED tur... Fender elim... GPS mou... Yamaha Aluminum radiator cov.... RADIATOR GUARD! I finally found a mod you don't have! To be quite honest it already looks pretty kitted out. A Maybe check into some of FZ07.org's supporting vendors. Suspension upgrades (Cartridge retrofits seem to be the cats pajamas) or a fuel controller if you don't already have one. Supporting vendors of the forum have a few nice solutions

Remember to vote for your favorite color and add yourself to the Map!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

squintyeyes
Welcome! Your next upgrade should be Yoshi..... Frame Sli.... Bar end.... Lever.... LED tur... Fender elim... GPS mou... Yamaha Aluminum radiator cov.... RADIATOR GUARD! I finally found a mod you don't have! To be quite honest it already looks pretty kitted out. A Maybe check into some of FZ07.org's supporting vendors. Suspension upgrades (Cartridge retrofits seem to be the cats pajamas) or a fuel controller if you don't already have one. Supporting vendors of the forum have a few nice solutions 
Lol yea thanks i need to post a updated pic because there's lost of more stuff that i added like angel eye, ejk and what not. And sadly I am only one of 2 one the member map in Colorado lol. The only thing i really need is to install this lowering link i have and suspension. 

• Premium Member

Only thing missing is a radiator screen... and nice color choice...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Lol yea thanks i need to post a updated pic because there's lost of more stuff that i added like angel eye, ejk and what not. And sadly I am only one of 2 one the member map in Colorado lol. The only thing i really need is to install this lowering link i have and suspension. 
Lowering a motorcycle should be a last resort. See if you can take some foam out of the seat or buy thicker riding boots.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Squintyeyes, Just curious as to what lowering link you are using and how much is it supposed to lower the rear end. I'd like to lower mine by an inch. Also maybe you could take pictures when you install the link.

modmaster

squintyeyes
Squintyeyes, Just curious as to what lowering link you are using and how much is it supposed to lower the rear end. I'd like to lower mine by an inch. Also maybe you could take pictures when you install the link.  
modmaster
http://www.store.extremecreations.com.au/mt-07-jack-up-plates 
i bought this one and im gonna do the 35mm lowering. I still havent done it, but i do have it in hand.

Nice bike! Another member asked and I'm curious as well: "I like your red tank pad. Did you paint that yourself? If so, what color did you use? and what type of paint?"

Beemer

squintyeyes
Nice bike! Another member asked and I'm curious as well: "I like your red tank pad. Did you paint that yourself? If so, what color did you use? and what type of paint? "

Yea i answered him in pm, but all i used was red plasti dip cause i wasn't sure how much i like it. Its kinda lighter than the stock red because the plasti dip is matte but i still have to put a clear coat i was planning on doing. 

• 3 weeks later...
squintyeyes

Just thought ill update with pics of all the mods i've done :) sorry for the shitty iphone pics and the angel eye is centered i just didn't have any pics from straight on.  WbKvE4m.jpgk9fP8IU.jpgve done :) 2WltrSR.jpg

Archived