The MT-07 Forum

Omaha, NE - new member

Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself.  My fz07 is being shipped and should be here in the next few weeks.  Will get some pictures up when it arrives and the weather starts warming up.  Ive been wrenching for around 7 years.  I will probably keep the bike stock for a while.  Only thing I'm interested in changing is the lights.  Maybe relocate with some LEDs.  Any other riders in the Nebraska area?

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome rev! What color did you pick?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello hippiebikerchick, I ordered a white one. In my opinion its the best color. I would like to get a little more red on the bike. like the bar grips, or maybe rattle can the grill in the vents.

Welcome to the board. Did you say a few weeks!? Holy cow? The wait would kill me! lol BTW I wasn't a fan of white in photo's but seeing it in person I looove it.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
What color is yours?
Rapid red, the fastest color.  :) 
I love the white too, and would have gotten that but my cruiser is silver and white.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Mine shipped from Seattle to Virginia in 6 days....

Don't be surprised if you see it sooner!

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

Guest daufcguy

white is nice but burple rims add 2 horsepower, and thats just a scientific fact. There was a guy on my big 07/09 ride who had an LED mounted underneath the headlight, i didnt take any pictures of it but it looked super clean. I would just be careful rev,I know how you hate to part with money, and those LED's can go for $5 on ebay and break in a week or $250 from specialty manufacturers which are hosed in billit and are bright enough to burn a hole in the road.

Also may want to check out what the forum has to say about the subject

• Global Moderator

Congrats @rev, excellent color choice.
We need all the help we can get, something @hippiebikerchick seems to forget when it's white. And that's racist man!  8D

white is nice but burple rims add 2 horsepower, and thats just a scientific fact. There was a guy on my big 07/09 ride who had an LED mounted underneath the headlight, i didnt take any pictures of it but it looked super clean. I would just be careful rev,I know how you hate to part with money, and those LED's can go for $5 on ebay and break in a week or $250 from specialty manufacturers which are hosed in billit and are bright enough to burn a hole in the road. 
Also may want to check out what the forum has to say about the subject
So how much HP am I looking at if I get my rims painted white? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived