The MT-07 Forum

More Canadian content...

Incognito

Hey all, new owner from Edmonton here (er, almost...currently on holidays Down Under and my matte grey FZ-07 is waiting in the crate for when I return!) I'm 40, been riding for 5 seasons and was looking for that elusive sweet-spot bike. I'm sorta moving up and moving down at the same time. I'm a happy CBR 125R owner and will remain so even after I officially welcome the new addition. Sold my CBR 600RR last fall as I didn't have the skills (or the track day budget) to really appreciate it, not to mention it's a bit cramped for all-day riding...and I like to ride all day ;)

I've been following this bike pretty much from the moment they announced it was coming to North America and stalked the Yamaha trailer from dealer to dealer during the demo rides in June. I was lucky enough to sample their unit on five different occasions (sincere thanks to Jamie at Yamaha Canada for tolerating my fanaticism) and it just got better each time :D Happy to see a dedicated FZ-07 forum rather than just an FZ-09 subforum (that's a great bike too, but we deserve our own voice). 

In the meantime, I'm entertaining myself for a few days exploring the hinterland near the Gold Coast on a Suzuki GSR-750 (another fine bike, btw.) Some great riding around here--wish I had these roads back home!

Welcome fellow Canadian!! Lot of things alike here: color choice (awesome!), age...

Fantastic bike, I am trying to enjoy as much as I can.

Oh, nice holiday spot and nice temporary replacement!

Welcome fellow Canadian!! Lot of things alike here: color choice (awesome!), age... 
Fantastic bike, I am trying to enjoy as much as I can.

Oh, nice holiday spot and nice temporary replacement!
Glad you're enjoying your ride! It's a shame we don't get more standards/naked sport options in Canada like they do in other parts of the world. Maybe the 07 and 09 will help start a trend.

• Global Moderator

Yes, another Canadian. Welcome!

You are going to love the FZ-07. It's an amazing bike.

Feel free to post and ask lots of questions. Good bunch of folks here 8-)

Welcome to the forum. Spent a few years in Edmonton back in the day. See you at our Canadian congregation!

• 4 weeks later...
You Canadians have a strong presence here. Good to see our friends to the north!
Indeed, just please keep that danged polar vortex up there north up yonder .. froze my arse off last winter  ::)

• 10 months later...

I've got a 600RR right now and I'm considering the fz-07 but I really need to ride one first before I buy. That being said, how does the power delivery of the fz-07 compare to the CBR 600RR at freeway speeds? I'm worried that it wont have enough oomf while sitting in top gear.

2013 Subaru BRZ
2007 CBR 600RR
φφκα

• Premium Member
I've got a 600RR right now and I'm considering the fz-07 but I really need to ride one first before I buy. That being said, how does the power delivery of the fz-07 compare to the CBR 600RR at freeway speeds? I'm worried that it wont have enough oomf while sitting in top gear.
Probably not the best thread to post this question in, but I'll bite -- haven't been on the 600 before, but the 07 has most of it's oomph in the beginning and middle of the power band, as opposed to having to rev higher.  That being said, it is a little sluggish on the freeway in 6th gear (going 75-80 leaves you around the 4K mark), but if you need to pass someone quickly just drop it down into 5th and go.

There's still enough torque to pass in sixth if you need to.

The problem that i run into is that the bike doesnt "feel" good at those speeds, ie it doesnt feel like its in its power band like a higher revving four cylinder motor.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome and congratulations for the new ride!  Post some pics of your new bike after you take delivery.

Archived