The MT-07 Forum

FINALLY picked up my bike. Not an 07, but still an FZ.

mjesenovec

Hey all!

After going back and forth for years, and being torn with the FZ-07, I finally picked up my first bike last Friday.  Unfortunately, I did not end up with an FZ-07, but I still got something in the FZ family.  The price ended up being the deciding factor, and I chose to save some money and go used for my first bike.  I'm very happy with it so far, and I hope to get plenty of use out of it. 

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for being so helpful on this forum.  Even though I didn't end up with an 07, I still used whatever comments and help I received here to make my decision.  

Well, here it is!

2007 Team Yamaha Blue FZ6
5700 miles
Black windscreen
Leo Vince SBK Titanium slip-on

4658.jpg
4660.jpg
4659.jpg
4662.jpg
4637.jpg

• Premium Member

Wow, that bike's in phenomenal condition. Congrats on a purchase that will surely change your life; looks like it's gotta warm up a bit though :)

• Global Moderator

That looks like a nice bike. You will have to let us know how you like it after you get some milage on it. Anyone with an FZ is welcome here. Actually you do not even need an FZ to be welcome. We are very accommodating :).

I couldn't believe how clean this thing was for a 2007. I was instantly impressed. It was in the mid 20's around chicagoland last weekend, so i took a quick ride around the block to test it out. Single digits and teens since. Hoping to start seeing 40's in the next 2-3 weeks. Riding it was even more comfy than just sitting on it, and the engine seemed smooth. That Leo Vince sounds incredible.

In the next couple weekends, I'm going to do full fluid change, coolant, brake flush, spark plugs, air filter, etc. All the fluids are still most likely factory. Hell, even has stock tires on it. I'm just going to do full maintenance and adjustments, and then just go from there. Already have OES sliders and a tail tidy on order.

Overall i'm happy with my decision. Picked this thing up for $3800. I also love the grab rails and center stand. Just seemed like a pretty economical and practical choice for a first bike. A few hundred bucks in parts, fluids, and a couple small mods, and it might as well be new.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Congratulations! Nice lookin' bike and I can see the family resemblance.  :)

I really like the centerstand too.

Will your fiance try again to get her licence this year?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Congratulations! Nice lookin' bike and I can see the family resemblance.  :) 
I really like the centerstand too.

Will your fiance try again to get her licence this year?
Thanks!   
The centerstand is super convenient for chain maintenance and fluid changes.  It wouldn't be a huge deal to get spools and a stand, but hey, it's a few less things I have to buy.

I'm not sure.  I mentioned it to her a couple weeks ago.  Personally, I would like her to try the class again and get it out of the way, but we'll see.  She said she probably won't look at bikes or anything until after the wedding.  That's a couple years out, so she may change her mind between now and then. 

• Global Moderator
>:D Go away, you are not welcome here. >:D

Just kidding. Nice bike man. Excellent choice. congrats! Stick around, we'd love to hear about your experiences.

Thanks! I definitely can't wait to get some miles under my belt. The quick 1-mile ride around the neighborhood was the only riding I've done in 2-3 years, so I definitely need to ease into it and get comfortable again. Felt amazing though! Loved how comfortable it was. I'm sure i'll be taking more pics/videos and posting things as the weather gets better. As a car guy, winter was always meh. Now that I have a bike, winter blows 10x more. Hopefully we should start seeing 40's in the next 2-3 weeks, and I can get out for more quick rides.

I had an '08 when they were new. I think they had more power than the fz7 does. All fz's are good bikes. Only fz I haven't ridden is the 8.

I had an '08 when they were new. I think they had more power than the fz7 does. All fz's are good bikes. Only fz I haven't ridden is the 8.
They do have more power.  It's 97hp vs 75.  But what the 07 does have is much more torque through more of the rev range.  I was gunning for a twin, but I stumbled onto this bike and couldn't pass it up.  Has a lot of convenient features, and a price, that I am already appreciating as a newer rider.

• Premium Member

Congrats! That is such a great find, looks immaculate.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Archived