The MT-07 Forum

New 07 owner in Tennessee

ireek

Hello all, just picked up my new 07 on Friday and am just thrilled with this bike!   A little background on myself, I've had over 50 motorcycles starting back in the early 80's and have ridden ever since, worked in the motorcycle industry for almost 8 years, road raced for 4 years and now pretty much just a street/trackday, dual sport kind of guy. My intentions with this bike is just to enjoy it on the street and occasional trackday, I raced SV's for a couple years so I'm hoping it'll remind me of the good ole days. Anywho, I'm glad to be here and hope to be able to share some insight on this brilliant little machine and have some enlightening conversations on what I think is a fantastic motorcycle.  Cheers!  Michael
IMG_5112_zps15a2a390.jpg 

• Global Moderator

Welcome ireek. It is good to see more red FZ-07's arriving. I am still waiting for mine (I ordered it on June 6th). Hopefully I will be posting more pictures of a red one soon.

• Global Moderator

Hi there and welcome. Wow, quite some credentials you have there! Good choice on your new bike. They do look good in red. Congrats!

Thanks all, I'm happy to be here! One more thing about me is the fact that I tend to enjoy smaller bikes, I've had liter bikes and all that but something about a bike that you can "use" is just more gratifying to me, hope that makes sense. I'm a little surprised folks are still waiting for theirs, the dealers I spoke to said that they were going to be limited but most if not all have one in stock, I guess Yamaha has their way of doing things.

Oh, thestache, I'm about twenty miles north of Chattanooga, RT's in North Ga is getting a white one any day, Dalton (Suzuki Yamaha of Dalton) has a black/blue one and Sloans had a red one but they sold it, they're a big dealer so they might have another one by now.

LOL, Sloan's I know them well...might have to take a trip somewhere when I get ready to buy mine as I am not sure any dealers in Nashville have them in stock. Sloan's actually had that red one Friday as I was just in there, had it setup right next to a grey FZ09

LOL, Sloan's I know them well...might have to take a trip somewhere when I get ready to buy mine as I am not sure any dealers in Nashville have them in stock. Sloan's actually had that red one Friday as I was just in there, had it setup right next to a grey FZ09
If you can drive to Cleveland Tennessee they have no add ons whatsoever, that was a big deal to me, of course I paid full retail but no junk fees, Sloans had all kinds of crap added to theirs... 

If you can drive to Cleveland Tennessee they have no add ons whatsoever, that was a big deal to me, of course I paid full retail but no junk fees, Sloans had all kinds of crap added to theirs...
dude, I will drive to Cleveland, Louisville, Alcoa :) :)

Archived