The MT-07 Forum

Just heard from Seat Concepts.

Cruizin

• Global Moderator

That's weird. It's just a pan with foam. You should be able to replace the foam I would think.
There's a guy in Greece that went to a saddle maker and had both seats redone. His riding position is now 3-4 cm higher and the seats are now 2cm wider. He says it transformed the ride and it was cheap too.
Seat Concepts will probably rethink their position once the bike is more widely available and people stat asking for the option.
Even Yamaha has a 'comfort' seat available as an option.

I looked to improve the seat in a easy and cheap way. Looked at Airhawk and Saddelemen pad. The R6 like seat of our FZ-07 makes it difficult to find a cusion or pad that will fit. The rider seat is wide at the back. But the front is very narrow. And the portion of the seat that is flat isn't long. I guess that we'll have more choice next year.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• 6 months later...
  • Premium Member

A week ago in an email, seat concepts said they should have a FZ-07 seat in about two weeks.

Seat concepts, makes a Kit seat that you replace the Foam from your Old seat, you reuse your old seat pan and put on their new seat foam onto your old seat pan, then stretch their new seat cover and staple on the new seat cover.

Or they will install it for you, i remember it was reasonable price for them to install it.

But I installed it myself, and it came out looking like it was professionally done, then you lay it out in the sun for a day or two and remove any/all wrinkles that might exist.

This was on another bike.

I got the grippy seat cover with my kit, I think i paid $115.00 in a group buy, the group buy needed to be a certain quantity, I think it was 20 could have been 10, it was a couple years ago.

If you want them to fix some problems you have to have them come over to this site, they will ask a lot of questions, unless that took place already on another site, which may be the case, It might be worth scanning some other FZ-07/MT07 sites for Seat Concepts, and that would tell you how they are going to build the new seat.

If you scan the other sites for Seat Concepts, and they have a group buy going on you could get in to that group buy.

If there is a group buy involved they will make it the way we want it.

I just searched for seat concepts Group buys for FZ-07 I saw a group buy for the FZ-09, But not the FZ-07,

Another way to attack this is to ask them if they are fixing the seats problems in the new seat they are making.

• Premium Member
Check with Laam Seats, may be able to help improve the seat: 
http://laamseats.com/

I don't have a problem with the seat but this guy looks like he does some good quality work.

I'm a stickler for quality.

Everything went braap.

Archived