The MT-07 Forum

Hello from the AZ desert

so1102

• Premium Member

I've actually been a member of the forums for a couple of months now, but finally pulled the trigger and got my bike home today -- so I figured now would be the best time to introduce myself.

I am a midwestern transplant to the Phoenix area (about 11 years ago), single dad of three, software architect, and relatively new motorcycle rider at the ripe old age of 46.

This is my second bike as the first one was a cruiser (Boulevard M50) -- I wasn't able to ride that bike a whole bunch (< 2K miles), but enough to figure out that I am not a "cruiser guy".  Big, slow and heavy just doesn't appeal to me.  I love riding, but riding that bike just wasn't fun to me.

Just brought her home today and cannot wait to get more and more comfortable on her (going from a slow throttle, floorboards and heel/toe shifter to a responsive throttle and pegs is going to take a little getting used to, but so far I am very very happy.  The bike just feels so light and nimble under me, and that is exactly what I was wanting.

I just brought it home today and already started customizing it :D -- vagabond frame sliders today, and by the end of the week new LED signals and a yoshi tail tidy

DoEWpV8.jpg
I know some of you think that red is the fastest color, but those blurple wheels are just too sexy

w1J5X90.jpg
Meant to get a photo with 0 miles on the odo at the dealer, but I was too exited to remember to do that.  :)  This is from the ride home.

xx2503k.jpg

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome!  Which LED signals are you installing?

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
I was looking at those also, but passed on them when I realized they are missing the third wire for the daytime running lights.  I believe they will work on the front, but the DRL (daytime running lights) will not work for these turn signals.

Archived