The MT-07 Forum

Boots and boots!

ebmike88

Hello all! Need help picking out a pair of riding boots. Looking for a nice pair of riding boots but can also be worn around town and in the office. Any suggestions?

2acfc681bee2275a752c4c732aece107.jpg

Comfortable, wide range of uses, and don't look too bad with business casual clothes thanks to the shiny toe and heel lol (disclaimer: mine aren't that shiny at the moment )

• Premium Member

I just wear a pair of Red Wing steel toe boots. They're my work boots but have pulled double duty really well.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

After the recent post of running into the back of a semi, I always wear my work steel toe boots.

Yea i have a few pair of combat boots with the steel toe so i might just wear them. Just worried that they may be a little stiff

A pair of Red Wing steel toe boots are what i typically wear. The sole and foot bed is very sturdy and cosmetically they have held up surprisingly well to scuffing/wear associated with shifting.

Ultimately they do not offer a lot of higher ankle reinforcement/protection so they are not ideal, I'll be picking up a pair of dedicated riding boots soon.

• Premium Member

I have the Icon Patrol boots and I LOVE THEM! they are not only easy to put on and take off, but they also provide a good secure boot

I used to wear steel toe boots. But I kept reading NOT to wear steel toe boots as a motorcycle boot because it can possibly cut off your toes in an accident.

Then I wore some Doc Martens.

Then I finally decided to step up and buy dedicated moto boots. I wear Stylmartin Indians. Rough break-in period (leather digs into your feet when you walk). Looks nice. Overpriced.

I also looked at the TCX X-Blend WP  Boots before getting the Stylmartin, but at the time the Blend boots were out of stock and the martins were in stock which made me spend another 80 bucks.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member

I wear FirstGear Mesh Lo boots -- look just fine with jeans, comfy enough to wear all day, full protection of a purpose-built motorcycling boot (ankle protection is key!), and the mesh means they breathe well in the heat.

Very cool! Yea my combat boots look like the TCX, I deployed a lot so I have a nice collection. The TCX browns looks great but that price is sky high. :/

• Premium Member
I used to wear steel toe boots. But I kept reading NOT to wear steel toe boots as a motorcycle boot because it can possibly cut off your toes in an accident. 

I recall that same argument in the workplace that if your foot was run over by a forklift it could cut your toes off. I thought that humorous, as it would be so much better to have pancake squashed toes instead. It is all relative as I have seen someone get their foot run over with a small forklift and they were very glad to have steel toe boots on. 

Mythbusters did an episode on this that I thought was pretty good.  If you are so inclined, you could look it up. 
But the TL;DR version was essentially, steel toes will resist crushing weight pretty well, (in proper ANSI rated footwear, anyway) and the force required to crush the cap into your feet would more likely destroy your toes regardless.

/hijack

Thanks for the responses, @n2shotokai and @prediddy.  Good to know.

• Premium Member

Ive got ICON super duty 4 boots that i ride to work in, and wear in the office all day. Im pretty happy with them

I have a pair of Dainese Dyno boots I wear for commuting and short trips around town and I love them. Super easy on and off; just one speed lace to tighten. For work, I just bring my dress shoes in a back pack and change when I get to the office, ala Mr. Rogers haha.

http://www.dainese.com/us_en/dyno-c2b.html

For harder riding, I prefer my full Oxtar boots.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member
I have a pair of Dainese Dyno boots I wear for commuting and short trips around town and I love them. Super easy on and off; just one speed lace to tighten. For work, I just bring my dress shoes in a back pack and change when I get to the office, ala Mr. Rogers haha.  
http://www.dainese.com/us_en/dyno-c2b.html

For harder riding, I prefer my full Oxtar boots.
Just curious -- do those Dainese boots run narrow?  I've got to assume those Italians don't design for fat American feet.

• Global Moderator

I have a pair of Tourmaster Solution 2.0. They are very comfortable and not very expensive.

pantheraleo

Alpinestars S-MX 5.

Great support and protection, easy to put on and take off. They are not great for walking, but fine for lunch, going in a store, etc. I'm confident they minimize my risk of injury should I go down. Much better rigid support than any other boot I've owned.

I carry shoes in my pack...or use one of the two pair I keep in my office if I ride to work.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

• Global Moderator

I use my Frey boots

Not exactly motorcycle specific boots but I don't care.
And they are hand made in the US man!  8-)

IMG_1525.jpg

Boots n pants n boots n pants

OK...don't ask :) :)

• Premium Member
I use my Frey boots  
Not exactly motorcycle specific boots but I don't care.
And they are hand made in the US man!  8-)

Look like Engineer boots... the OG motorcycle boot!

Everything went braap.

Hey @motomeek, is your sole layer glue intact? I was disappointed to find that my Indian's sole layer glue is coming apart, so when I walk, it makes a separation noise- these are the inner sole layers so I cannot remedy the situation unless I rip the sole off which I don't want to do. Its no big deal since I just use them as motocycle boots, I don't go walking around with it which makes the noise but still, for 300 bucks, pretty sad.  I don't want to hassle with returning it, that's a waste of my time.

Archived