The MT-07 Forum

New Member Coachella Valley (SoCal)

zapps

Hello Everyone!

Took the MSF course 10 years ago and rode a Honda Cruiser for a couple of years then had kids. I haven't ridden since (other than retaking the course last year just to stay fresh). Getting back into riding I was eyeing the Ninja 300 and the recently released YZF R3. I was looking for low cost, decent speed (mostly city riding but highway trips as well), good mpg, maneuverability in traffic and ease of maintenance. The only thing I didn't like about those two bikes were the leaned over angle and the lack of decent passing power on the highway. While researching the R3 I stumbled upon the FZ07 and instantly fell in love. The 07 checked off all the boxes on my list. I'm 5'10" 190 and this looks to be the perfect fit, although I still have to check one out in person.

I'm in the early research stages and am looking at Temecula Motorsports, Beaumont Power Sports, and Chapparel but could also see what Bert's is offering. In the meantime, I have a helmet and am looking to slowly accumulate all other equipment (shoes, jacket, gloves, pants).

i will post when I can but since I recently found this forum I am reading all older threads.

thanks,

Zapps

I'm about your size and find the fz07 quite comfortable. It was love at first siton for me. Not too mention the sexy look.

I was really impressed with the easy maintenance and lack of plastic panels hiding everything.

• Premium Member

Welcome!

Just got a mailer from Chaparral today. 2015 FZ07 is going for $5990 right now. And they'll hook you up with a discount for whatever you want in the store.

And if the lean angle and power are concerns, the FZ07 is a great bike. I commute in the LA traffic every week and love it.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Just purchased my FZ-07 in February, so not a lot of miles (200+) yet due to cold weather.  However, I got this bike mainly for weekend adventures and rides around town, only using highways for short stints. This bike is a lot of fun.       

Thanks everyone. I should be 175lbs but that's another topic. Thanks also for the heads up on Chaparral. I am going there next week so we'll see what transpires.

Archived