The MT-07 Forum

New graphite fz07 Long Island

jfk64

Well I was torn between the fz09 and 07.. After much contemplation on the matter I went home with the liquid graphite fz07.. Turning 50 in September and have been riding all my life (mainly cruisers but did own an FJR) and decided it was time to have a little more "fun" when I ride.. She only has 100 miles as of this writing but I'm looking forward getting out and enjoying her. 
I'm  a little old school and like the fact that I have a throttle cable and such and after riding home I know now that I didn't make a mistake, this bike is fun! Anyone else pick the 07 over the 09? And why? Ride on all and be safe!

I'm 44. Tried the FZ-09 last fall. I liked the bike a lot. But i don't need 100 hp and more. So, i was waiting for the 07. For the look, i prefer the seat of the 07. But it's not comfortable at all (for me). I prefer also the look of the swingwarm and the cluster of the 07. Performance wise, the 07 has enough juice to entertain me.

I have to say that the sound of the triple is addictive. The 07's sound reminds me of my previous SV650S. Twin cylinder can produce boring sound with stock exhaust. The firing order on the 07 explain why the bike doesn't sound like a lawnmower (Ninja and GS500) and sound a bit like a V2.

I think the 07 target more people than the 09, beginner and experienced rider.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Global Moderator

Excellent choice jfk64 !

I think Yamaha hit the sweet spot with the 07. It's light and nimble and has enough oomph to be fun. And it's a good looking bike too.

Welcome at FZ07.org. I think you are going to like it here.

200 miles now and it's a blast to ride! I'd love to put spools on it but it doesn't look like I can. What's everyone's suggestion? I'm looking at a pit bull that lifts under the swing arms.

I have a 15 year old Pitbull rear stand that is still working perfectly. Pitbull is buy it and forget it quality. Never let anyone I know down.

Archived