The MT-07 Forum

Zepto lights

fzd

They look super bright, I'd want to see them on an FZ first though

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

Wow, the running light options are really interesting. Particularly option 2. And the option 4 blinker.

But as expected with seemingly all LED lights, its not that visible in daylight when compared to standard incandescent blinkers... but at night on the other hand, LEDs are much brighter. God I swear I have a love-hate with LEDs.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Wow.. Who ever did the camera work on that video should be taken in a dark room and beaten.. What a terrible way to show what the darn signals look like when the camera is focusing in and out like that.. Just let me see what they look like with the focus un-molested... Haha

They look better than the stock ones but they aren't very noticeable in the light so I wouldn't bother with them, they might get ya killed.

Beemer

To be honest, despite what anyone says, nearly ALL tiny form factor LED blinkers are hard to see in the daylight. I'm talking about those LEDs that are about 4-5 (or less) arranged on a single strip.  People will proclaim they are bright (and yes, in your garage, they are bright), but these people need to ride out into sunlight, get off their bike, step back 25-50 feet and look at their LED light while on. It will be hardly visible.  I've installed a few different types, high end price, low end price, the result is always the same.  You ride it out into daylight and take a look at it 25+ feet away and be shocked at how hard it is to see.

This is why I hate LED lights, yet on the other hand, it is insanely bright and visible at night.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

fooschnickens

The same can be said for any turn signal, really. Without the benefit of a large reflector housing like you get with cars, anything short of a full-fledged headlight bulb will be lacking in the daytime. Your bike's bulb visibility during the day is pretty much crap anyways, so anything is better than nothing.

It'd be nice if they would come out with a "generic" version of these lights without all the fancy extras. The blinker and DRL modes are nice, but seem more like a gimmick to me and are probably illegal in some states. Plus, at $99 a pair that's a hard pill to swallow when there are other options out there that are probably equally as bright at a fraction of the cost.

Archived