The MT-07 Forum

New guy from Florida

Beemer

Hi everyone! I moved from Austin, Tx. to Sun City Center, Fl. last August and I'm loving it, especially since I got my FZ a couple weeks ago aaaand the bass are biting in the lake behind my house.  I caught an 3 pounder the other day but I've got my sights fixed on those 11 pounder's out there! Not going to do a whole lot to my bike. So far I've ordered some nice shorty clutch/brake lever's, grips and a fly screen. I may get a Yosh pipe down the road, the stock pipe doesn't look bad but it doesn't have that sweet exhaust note I'd like it to have. Lot's of seniors down here so I may get the ol' torch & pitchfork treatment if a new pipe is too loud so I'm still deciding on that. Anyway, it's good to be a member. I'm seeing interesting posts already! Chao!

Beemer

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome beemer! Glad you joined our little group.

Illegitimi non carborundum

From one Floridian to another, welcome bud! From what I have seen, the Yoshi pipe isn't too loud w/ the baffles in. It is just more aggressive. I wouldn't expect any man hunts as long as you keep the baffles in there! I was originally shooting for an Ixil, but they stopped making the chrome. Yoshi is my next go to! If I have it before you buy, I will give a solid review!

Thanks for the nice welcome, yall! @ haze87: you're probably right as long as I shift at about 3k rpm it shouldn't be too loud for most of the senior citizens living here. It will be a noticeable difference for sure but not too loud ..... no louder than all the Hardly Davidson's ka-plap plap plapping down the road and scaring every squirrel within an inch of it's life. I'm in Sun City Center myself, where you located?

Beemer

Congrats and welcome to the forum fellow Floridian. I had to google where you live, never heard of it. lol How are the roads over there? As to the exhaust and the elderly, I understand you're not wanting to annoy them. BUT you have to remember, old folks tend to be hard of hearing and seeing sometimes. Florida has a huge elderly population. Because of that, you NEED a loud exhaust. I'd rather annoy the old lady driving next to me with a loud exhaust, knowing she hears me next to her, than have her run my ass over. What I'm saying is, get the exhaust ASAP! lol Oh and on our bikes the loud exhaust also helped me a lot with revmatching the downshifts. Enjoy the bike and if you ever make it to the east coast let me know and we'll go for a ride.

Thanks for the nice welcome, yall! @ haze87: you're probably right as long as I shift at about 3k rpm it shouldn't be too loud for most of the senior citizens living here. It will be a noticeable difference for sure but not too loud ..... no louder than all the Hardly Davidson's ka-plap plap plapping down the road and scaring every squirrel within an inch of it's life. I'm in Sun City Center myself, where you located?
I'm not all that far from you. I'm down in the Tampa area and make regular trips through St. Pete, CW, and Pineallas. The Yoshi has one of the more attractive sounds to me; however, I prefer the styling of the SC Proj 2-1. It will be a toss up between the two and likely impulse - sometime in April probably. 

Congrats and welcome to the forum fellow Floridian. I had to google where you live, never heard of it. lol How are the roads over there? As to the exhaust and the elderly, I understand you're not wanting to annoy them. BUT you have to remember, old folks tend to be hard of hearing and seeing sometimes. Florida has a huge elderly population. Because of that, you NEED a loud exhaust. I'd rather annoy the old lady driving next to me with a loud exhaust, knowing she hears me next to her, than have her run my ass over. What I'm saying is, get the exhaust ASAP! lol Oh and on our bikes the loud exhaust also helped me a lot with revmatching the downshifts. Enjoy the bike and if you ever make it to the east coast let me know and we'll go for a ride.
On the revmatching note - that and awareness are one of the main reasons I want a new exhaust so badly. I legitimately hardly hear my exhaust at speeds over 30mph. 

• Premium Member

Welcome fellow floridan! If you're ever down by all the tourists and attractions let me know. Freeman is down this way too, group ride.

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome and enjoy your new ride in sunny Florida!

Archived