The MT-07 Forum

new rider first bike! 2 more days!

agentfzdoubleo7

agentfzdoubleo7

Just finished my msf course today nd finally got a dealer with the black and blue fz07 that I wanted nd nowhere else in Miami has in stock! It'll be arriving from cali this Friday. Is all the hype true about this bike? !

I would say yes. It is truly and amazing bike. Sure things like the suspension and seat comfort aren't the greatest, but for the price, you really can't complain. And if it bothers you that much, you can upgrade it. You should be very happy with yours and you have the best color;) Be sure to vote. I am assuming you were in Cali on holiday or something?

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome agentfzdoubleo7! Congratulations on a getting a great bike. Is this your first? Yes the hype is true.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
Just finished my msf course today nd finally got a dealer with the black and blue fz07 that I wanted nd nowhere else in Miami has in stock! It'll be arriving from cali this Friday. Is all the hype true about this bike? !
Glad to see you did the MSF.  I always tell everyone I know that shows any interest in motorcycles that they MUST do that first.  The experience is invaluable, even for folks who think they know how to ride a motorcycle. Nice choice on color too!

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Welcome!

If there is a contest for best handle, I'll vote for yours.

• Premium Member

I would normally say "don't believe the hype".

But in this case, believe the hype.

Welcome to the forums!

Everything went braap.

agentfzdoubleo7

Yes this is my first bike.  Based on the reviews I wasn't sure if a torquey  bike was good for a beginner but al managae.. I hope

agentfzdoubleo7

Thanks guys for the warm welcome and I will be in here daily. I research alot before any big purchase but research isn't enough. Glad to have a fan base of this bike.  By any chance is there an app for this forum?

Nd never been to cali but heard the weather is better den Miami. It rains alot here during the SUMMER

fromthecage

As another first bike/beginner rider when I got it, the hype is true. It's an amazing machine and allows for you to learn the bike and have fun doing it. Stay safe and enjoy!

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

All the positive reviews are true. The bike is torquey but manageable. Welcome to the forum!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Yes this is my first bike.  Based on the reviews I wasn't sure if a torquey  bike was good for a beginner but al managae.. I hope
Is this the first time riding motorcycles? Then I would have chosen a 250, that being said I learned on a 250, but traded two months later

Congrats on the new bike! You are going to love it.
Good on you for taking a motorcycle course. The 07 will not be overkill for your skill set. Very manageable power - not twitchy in the least. It will give you lots of room to grow and I doubt you will tire of the bike anytime soon. Have fun.

agentfzdoubleo7

It is my first time on motorcycles besides the msf course but didn't want to go through what you did with the getting bored of a 250/300cc bike

• Global Moderator
It is my first time on motorcycles besides the msf course but didn't want to go through what you did with the getting bored of a 250/300cc bike
Just be careful when you get on your new bike. It has a LOT more power and torque than the MSF course bikes. With some restraint while you get used to it it will be a great first bike. 

• Premium Member

I'd like to second the "be careful" thing and add that I don't think it is necessarily the "best" beginner bike. It will be fine, if you remember smooth throttle control in corners, but it is also easy to apply throttle too abruptly and loose the rear wheel. Just a "heads up", but keep that in mind and you will be fine. The bike is super-duper fun!

agentfzdoubleo7

Guys I have an akrapovic exhaust coming on its way...do I need to purchase a power commander or any other mods for the bike to run the same?

• Premium Member

The Akra Ti exhaust is fine without a fuel controller WITH the baffle in. I'm not sure about the carbon with baffle, but if you remove the baffle on either you should get a fuel controller to compensate. Dobeck carries the EJK line.

The Akra Ti exhaust is fine without a fuel controller WITH the baffle in. I'm not sure about the carbon with baffle, but if you remove the baffle on either you should get a fuel controller to compensate. Dobeck carries the EJK line.
Is this true for any exsaust, if the baffle remains in, you don't need commander or a rejet

Is this true for any exsaust, if the baffle remains in, you don't need commander or a rejet
No. As far as I know this is only true for the Akrapovic Titanium with the baffle and the M4 "slip-on". Akrapovic worked directly with Yamaha to make the Titanium exhaust for this bike. So that's why that WITH the baffle doesn't need one. As far as the M4, I think since you are not messing with the headers and it is only a slip on, it doesn't really mess with the fueling that much to require a EJK. (Correct me if I'm worng about the M4) But I know that's the deal with the Akrapovic for sure.

Guys I have an akrapovic exhaust coming on its way...do I need to purchase a power commander or any other mods for the bike to run the same?
Dealer quoted this: the power commander does not work well on yamahas, may need an ecu, but the bike is already fuel injection so it should be ready to go out of box installed

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

This is my first street bike and I think it is a perfect beginner bike if you already have experience with clutch control and shifting a motorcycle. Even if you are not, the throttle is very manageable. The bike does not go fast unless you want it to.

In my opinion I would go with the EJK vice Power Commander....if you decide to get a controller. I couldn't justify the price difference.

• Premium Member
No. As far as I know this is only true for the Akrapovic Titanium with the baffle and the M4 "slip-on". Akrapovic worked directly with Yamaha to make the Titanium exhaust for this bike. So that's why that WITH the baffle doesn't need one. As far as the M4, I think since you are not messing with the headers and it is only a slip on, it doesn't really mess with the fueling that much to require a EJK. (Correct me if I'm worng about the M4) But I know that's the deal with the Akrapovic for sure.
Im interested in the answer on the M4, ive been holding out on picking up the M4 because I figured the EJK is a must if Im gonna put that on. The M4 price is not so bad by itself.  

Archived