The MT-07 Forum

new rider first bike! 2 more days!

agentfzdoubleo7

My first bike as well. I rented a 4 wheeler with a clutch for a weekend prior to taking the MSF course. When I received the fz-07 the week after the MSF course the throttle frankly felt dangerous because I just didn't have the muscle memory to control that much torque. I rode it around the suburban neighborhood streets at 20-30 mph for a few days before I went into traffic. Keep those knuckles level or slightly higher than your forearm when you grab the throttle. This will naturally limit your ability to grab too much throttle. Also, as someone else mentioned, coming on or off throttle mid corner can jerk you forward or backward due to the torque and degree of engine breaking. Be very smooth and progressive with the throttle when you're in a corner ( I learned this by almost ruining myself). Also watch the twist of the wrist II video on youtube if you haven't already.

I've been riding it for 8 months now and the bike has much more performance than I can safely tap into at this time. It's hard to see someone wanting more power for street use. It accelerates like a rocket and is quite happy moving in excess of legal highway speeds.

If you stay vigilant you'll be safe and you'll have so much fun.

Archived