The MT-07 Forum

Help - Error Code 37 - SOLVED

rhd1607

I installed a Tidy Tail. It was a simple install. Used the factory blinkers. All lights work just fine. However now I'm getting a SD...37 on my dash with check engine light. I turn it on and the bike idles and 2k rpm. I started to rev it and it won't stop revving. It stays on a high rpm. Like its giving it gas by itself. Anyone here ever have this problem?

fooschnickens

Judging by the error code list it's something to do with the [HASH]2 injector, or the ISC solenoid which would explain the high idle and excessive revving.

I don't see why a tail tidy would affect anything there, but I'd get it to the dealer ASAP and have them look at it since it would probably fall under a warranty repair.

Guest Ralph

I would check were you have been doing things see if you have disturbed any wiring,
only thing I can think of under the back is the diagnostic connector is under the
passenger seat.

Guest Ralph

It does seem to point to the idle speed control its on top of the throttle body's
check if the wiring as disconnected, just a after thought if you have removed
any of the vac hoses check they are back right as a air leak could have the same
effect and drive the idle controller to full travel. listen for any hissing noises.

Well, the bike is at the dealer now. They were cool enough to pick it up and take it back to the shop. Now I have to wait till Tuesday since they don't open today or tomorrow. Oh well. Will keep you posted.

Updated: Got my bike back last night. Forgot to mention. Apparently when I installed a Denali Powerhub Fuse box I must've burned the EFI Fuse and all hell broke loose. This caused the ECU to not communicate at all with the digital diagnostic tool and they couldn't clear the error code. Whoops. That was my bad. Unfortunately it was my fault and I had to pay out of pocket because it wasn't a Yamaha defect. The dealer was really cool about it and only charged me for one hour of labor. Oh well. Lesson learned. Thanks folks!

• Global Moderator

@rhd1607, I am glad you got that sorted out. I think everyone will be checking fuses now as soon as there is a problem, which is always a good idea and something I had not thought of. Also what is a Denali Powerhub fusebox?

Thanks mjh. The powerhub2 fusebox is pretty much a device that will allow you to connect multiple accessory outlets. I wanted to use my phone charger, battery tender, and gerbing heated gear. That was the best solution. I was using it on my ninja 300 without any problems. I guess I must've overlooked a wire in the harness and connected it on the wrong wire. Whoops!

Here it is in case anyone is interested
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/powerhub2-fuse-block-master-ground-block-and-wiring-harness-for-motorcycles

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I'm having the same problems with my MT. I got code 37, my bike idles at 2k and it wont stop revving. Is there any chance you could give me some more details on how they fixed the problem? Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2020 at 3:21 AM, Barbatos said:

Hi,

I'm having the same problems with my MT. I got code 37, my bike idles at 2k and it wont stop revving. Is there any chance you could give me some more details on how they fixed the problem? Thanks.

Did you work out what the issue was? If so did you manage to fix it? 

On 4/4/2015 at 8:08 AM, rhd1607 said:

Updated: Got my bike back last night. Forgot to mention. Apparently when I installed a Denali Powerhub Fuse box I must've burned the EFI Fuse and all hell broke loose. This caused the ECU to not communicate at all with the digital diagnostic tool and they couldn't clear the error code. Whoops. That was my bad. Unfortunately it was my fault and I had to pay out of pocket because it wasn't a Yamaha defect. The dealer was really cool about it and only charged me for one hour of labor. Oh well. Lesson learned. Thanks folks!

Do you know how they fixed this? I have SD_37 code!