The MT-07 Forum

Looking for better rear sets to get my feet further back....

cmar143

I just ordered the Ducati M1 bars that suburban sells and pgeldz posted because like some others I want to be a bit more over the bike. I a, looking at rear sets and would like to get some input on what others have got and how much they change the foot positions. I don't want to spend $500 to get a set that is only a half inch different from stock. Driven makes one where the pegs are adjustable and lightech makes one too. I can't find the set that Gilles tooling makes online though so I'm not sure if they stopped making them or not. Thanks for the help...Chris 

• 2 weeks later...
I just ordered the Ducati M1 bars that suburban sells and pgeldz posted because like some others I want to be a bit more over the bike. I a, looking at rear sets and would like to get some input on what others have got and how much they change the foot positions. I don't want to spend $500 to get a set that is only a half inch different from stock. Driven makes one where the pegs are adjustable and lightech makes one too. I can't find the set that Gilles tooling makes online though so I'm not sure if they stopped making them or not. Thanks for the help...Chris 
Hey Chris i'm looking for a rearset also to bring my foot position back more than half inch since I switched out my handlebars and was wondering if you came to a conclusion on which rearset you went with. I did a little research myself and i found this Set that i am strongly considering to buy.

I didnt want to just get lower pegs but the entire rearsets to give me more peg adjust ability in relationship to the brake and shifter. A friend of mine got one of those type kits and he couldnt get it into the perfect position because of the circular rotation. It was either too low, far or close to the brake or shifter. This is the one that I wound up going with. Lightech makes 2 kits for the 07 that look very cool but they are pretty pricey and were out of stock everywhere 2 weeks ago when I was ready to make a purchase. I already installed the Ducati M1 bars from Suburban Machinery and that totally changed the geometry of rider position on the bike to give it a much more sporty feel. The rearsets are on there way from the UK now so I should have them soon and that should even enhance that sporty feel even more. Being lower and more forward on the bike really gives you much more control and makes the bike more snappy from right to left. I will post up some pics when I get them installed and let you know how I like them.

I didnt want to just get lower pegs but the entire rearsets to give me more peg adjust ability in relationship to the brake and shifter. A friend of mine got one of those type kits and he couldnt get it into the perfect position because of the circular rotation. It was either too low, far or close to the brake or shifter. This is the one that I wound up going with. Lightech makes 2 kits for the 07 that look very cool but they are pretty pricey and were out of stock everywhere 2 weeks ago when I was ready to make a purchase. I already installed the Ducati M1 bars from Suburban Machinery and that totally changed the geometry of rider position on the bike to give it a much more sporty feel. The rearsets are on there way from the UK now so I should have them soon and that should even enhance that sporty feel even more. Being lower and more forward on the bike really gives you much more control and makes the bike more snappy from right to left. I will post up some pics when I get them installed and let you know how I like them.
I was actually considering the Ducati M1 bars for my new handlebars, but didn't feel like dropping that kind of money on handlebars so i went with these handlebars instead. It was the closest thing to Ducati M1 bars i could find for a reasonable price. Now with the lowering pegs I did consider that issue about it possibility being too far away from the break or shift leaver. Wasn't sure if it was gonna be a big issue, but now that you mentioned it looks like it will and i'm gonna stay away form that option. I did check out the option that you went with and i like it very much. I'm am looking forward for your review for these rearsets and thanks for your input it greatly appreciated. 

I hate the positioning of them as well but $276.99 US dollars right now on special. Damn, I just bought an carbon Akrapovic, new mirrors, upper cowl, grips/shorties and EJK ... the kitty's running dry. They do look nice, though! Still may get them later, hopefully on special.

Beemer

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
I was actually considering the Ducati M1 bars for my new handlebars, but didn't feel like dropping that kind of money on handlebars so i went with these handlebars instead. It was the closest thing to Ducati M1 bars i could find for a reasonable price. Now with the lowering pegs I did consider that issue about it possibility being too far away from the break or shift leaver. Wasn't sure if it was gonna be a big issue, but now that you mentioned it looks like it will and i'm gonna stay away form that option. I did check out the option that you went with and i like it very much. I'm am looking forward for your review for these rearsets and thanks for your input it greatly appreciated. 
Cool choice of handlebar; I am considering the M1 myself. You should do a review when you get them installed! 

• Premium Member
Those ARE the ones by Gilles Tooling.  They make them for Yamaha UK, and are the exact ones I have as well (in addition to the M1 bars by Suburban Machinery). 
My sincere apologies for not posting up a complete review.  I did go on about the bars at length in another thread, but I've yet to post dedicated review posts of all the bits that made it on my bike in recent times.

I promise that'll soon change, as I'm wrapping up this project in the next couple of weeks.

I didn't want to post pics until the entire transformation was completed...

But great choice on the bars and rearsets though.  I think you'll be very impressed with the Gilles Tooling/Suburban Machinery combo :)

- Paulie

Yes I read through a great deal of posts on this site before I purchased any upgrades and went with the bars and rearsets that Paulie used on his bike. He put up some great pics and descriptions of his build and the rider geometry is how I wanted my bike setup. I have had 3 sportbikes in the past and at 44 Im not looking to do 160 or sit in a tucked position for long periods anymore. However the 07 riding position is much too vertical IMO. It is amazing what the M1 bars alone do to change the feel of the bike completely. Not only that but I am still running the stock mirrors and now they are much lower and further out to the sides past the end of the bars by a couple inches so I can see behind me and it looks much cooler. There is one hole that I was not able to cover up which I am going to fill in with a weld. If I was going to order a set of bars I would ask them to send me a set that was undrilled if possible. I was going to post some pics after I get all the mods done which I am still in the process of. But for anyone looking to give a more sportbike feel to this bike I would HIGHLY recommend the M1 bars from Suburban Machinery.

Archived