The MT-07 Forum

Wear your gear!

so1102

• Premium Member

Two people died today in AZ during a charity ride for AZ bike week.  Such a shame.  Neither was wearing helmets.  I bet they would choose to look a little less cool if they were given a second chance...

• Premium Member

Thats horrible. I dont know why anyone would choose to ride without a helmet as a minimum piece of gear

• Premium Member

It's not a requirement here, so you actually rarely see riders with them on (primarily cruisers -- you only occasionally see a squid on a sportbike without a lid, but those idiots also ride in shorts, tshirts and tennis shoes)

• Premium Member

I see lots of sport bike riders here in shoes, shorts and tshirts, morons. Helmets are law here though

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I've seen lots of HD riders with bare arms covered in tats. I guess they are the special kind that protect them in case of a get off.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Always thought helmets looked cool, so I've always worn one. I do wear a skid lid on my Harley but it is dot approved. Never wear shorts, but again on the Harley I'll wear a shirt and gloves if it's hot out and I'm doing a short trip. Sport riding I wear armoured jacket, helmet gloves etc

• Global Moderator

When I was in Spain I tried riding without a helmet. I couldn't do it. It felt totally awkward and unsafe. Not to mention all the road debris hitting my face. Never again for me.

I don't understand why some states have seat belt laws and no helmet laws. Not that im big into passing laws that require people to wear gear to protect only themselves while on the road, to me that is common sense and if you choose not to gear up and wear a helmet, so be it. Here in Ohio, lots of people ride without helmets. Turn on the local radio station and all you hear is "Click It Or Ticket" public service announcements. Not a lot of psa's telling you to wear motorcycle helmets.

I agree. I dont think laws actually save people. Responsible judgement saves people everyday, but I am a lunatic obviously!LOL. Helmets are a part of a good motorcycle culture. I cant stand no helmet, My ears burn, I get bugs in my face, and its stupid loud. Laconia always sees fatalities, and in large part they are in intersections - low speed get offs where the cyclist hits his noggin on the tarmac. Humpty Dumpty. Brains all over the place. Ugh. What a bummer.

I had a get off at 30mph and hit the back of my head - really rung my bell......Scorpion exo750 got trashed but I made a full recovery - rode the very next day ( with my backup lid - an HJC) Id be dead or a veggie w/o my lid.

RRokay Raggie

Archived