The MT-07 Forum

Ok, here is the big announcement

Cruizin

And the announcement is, I'm a big jerk, and it's time for me to fess up. You see, I'm a bit of a practical joker. And, I love April Fools day so I posted the big announcement to get everyone all sucked in and then on April fools I was gonna announce that Harley Davidson has purchased Yamaha and that all FZ-07's were gonna be recalled to install the new Harley Davidson equipment.

I even enlisted photoshop help.

[attachment id=101" thumbnail="1][attachment id=102" thumbnail="1]

And then I was gonna post a link to the official announcement, which was actually gonna be a rick roll with Rick Astley singing "Never gonna give you up" with little FZ-07's dancing around the screen.

But, where I really screwed up was in announcing that there was gonna be an announcement. And, it got people worried, understandably, and caused somewhat of a riff.

So, here I am. With pie on my face and hoping that you accept my most sincere apology.

Sorry guys, your FZ-07's are fine and there is no recall coming that I am aware of.

Best regards,

Cruizin

I'm a huge fan of April Fools pranks, and would have honestly fallen out of my seat laughing had you posted that...

They can have my keys for that particular "recall" if they can catch me!

• Premium Member

Pulled off successfully, that would have been an April fools joke of epic proportions.

Damn you hecklers!

Nice Photoshop work btw..

Everything went braap.

And that's the saddest part. It never actually got played. I should have just dropped the whole thing on April 1st.  
But, you guys just wait and see what I have in store for next year!
Next year you can find a supporting vendor who will actually make and sell this stuff.....studded leather side bags for my fz? Score!

I need those leather tassels for my bar ends. And I need to wear Yamaha apparel whenever I ride. Oh goodness..... I am showing symptoms HDitis. It has mutated. 

That's a pretty dirty trick. However, I know where you live and now see if you can find the three bolts and two nuts that I've loosened somewhere on your FZ. Don't worry, they'll only effect braking, cornering and reliability. Have a nice ride though!   ???

Damn, now I feel bad. Sorry about that @admin. I should've put two and two together.

And no, you aren't a jerk. Although I didn't read the thread after I posted because I was busy during the weekend, I'm assuming I was the first guy to complain about the topic and assuming a few more complaints followed because of my post. If you stuck to your guns, with the big payoff on april fools, I would've felt even more like an ass more so than I already feel. Which would've been good because I would've fully deserved it.   :-/

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member

I still wanna see the Rick Roll. It would have been epic! :)

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator
So, here I am. With pie on my face and hoping that you accept my most sincere apology.

Don't apologize. It was a good one !

pie.gif

No harm done as far as I can see, although it was too obvious because the supposed announcement seemed like the news would be bad.

Instead, use a harmless and neutral, "I was talking with a guy I know who runs a Yamaha dealership, and he told me that Yamaha has some news coming out in a few days. I wonder what it is."

Yamaha Motor Co. wouldn't sell to Harley Davidson.
They can't afford it. ;)

That's a pretty dirty trick. However, I know where you live and now see if you can find the three bolts and two nuts that I've loosened somewhere on your FZ. Don't worry, they'll only effect braking, cornering and reliability. Have a nice ride though!   ???

Actually, that's one thing I would never joke about.

Should've put an LOL. Sorry, in my mind I was laughing when I wrote it. It was an old standing joke around the airport as a reminder to do a complete preflight check. That, I guess is why the spoken word can carry such a totally different meaning as the written word. Just mean't to be tongue in cheek.

Read more: http://fz07.org/conversation/2462?page=1#ixzz3Vy20jeEW

How do we know this isn't some April Fools joke covering up for another announcement?

J/k that was good!

Archived