The MT-07 Forum

Nelson Rigg CL-1060 vs CL-1060 S

maalna2

Does anyone know what the difference is between the two? It looks like the S model might weigh a bit more and 3 inches taller.  But that is the only thing I am see or am I missing something?

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

I ordered the older version CL-1060 from Amazon, which is slightly smaller than the newer cl-1060-s.  If you check the information on Amazon it shows there is a new version available and if you click on it you can see the specs for the newer version.  The newer version has improvements so the expansion zipper area is on the top of the bag now rather than on the bottom.  This is what is listed on the Nelson-Rigg website for the newer CL-1060-S and CL-1060-ST: www.nelsonrigg.com/luggage/tail-bags.html.  Select each model while on the Nelson-Rigg website to see the specs for each bag.
I have the older CL-1060 version, because it fit my needs size wise and looked nice on the bike.  I also did not want something too big that would make it harder for me to get on the bike. I also use just 2 of the straps and wrap them under the pillion seat to the other side of the bag for a cleaner look. The newer versions were not available when I ordered mine.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the two? It looks like the S model might weigh a bit more and 3 inches taller.  But that is the only thing I am see or am I missing something?
21673dcac8f4b7644a2acdf9256347f0.jpgdc90722bf0f09219288778fee35e0f80.jpg90b448298be9ab6c2b6ce128a70376a7.jpg

The straps are the only downside, I chose to clamp mine under seat vs. looping to the foot pegs as reccomended
Jbird do you have the CL-1060 or the 1060 S?

I've got the CL-1060 and it looks to be the same as Jbird's pics. I even mounted mine in the same manner. I use it for commuting and in it's unexpanded state, it is large enough to carry my lunch, bottle of water, extra set of gloves and other small items. When I get to my workplace, I simply pop it off and carry it into the office. The "hook" fasteners are a bit tight at first, but after a few trips they got easier to hook/unhook. I haven't used it completely expanded, but I believe the height increases by about 2 inches when needed. The rain cover is nice, but really takes up a lot of room inside the bag. I am considering cutting it out as others have done, but we do get a lot of rain around here.

Archived