The MT-07 Forum

What do you wear under...

maalna2

your helmet?  I keep getting a bad cause of helmet head no matter how short I cut my hair. 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Nothing. I have embraced my helmet hair.

Here is a related topic: helmet hair

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

I find it adds to my svelte and urbane look when off the bike.

Kidding aside.. I just deal with it, I've given up the ghost of having perfect hair. Most especially if it's hot and I'm sweating.

Everything went braap.

I find it adds to my svelte and urbane look when off the bike. 
Kidding aside.. I just deal with it, I've given up the ghost of having perfect hair. Most especially if it's hot and I'm sweating.
+1

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Under where? Nothing, but on cold mornings it would be really nice to have neck/chin protection from wind.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Global Moderator

I got polar fleece neck thingy from REI. It works great.

• Premium Member

If you're trying to keep your hair looking good, I've got nothing... I can't seem to get good hair days riding these days.

I just wear bandanas to keep my hair out of my eyes and to try and keep my liner clean (mine doesn't come out of the helmet).

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Shave your head.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member

Balaclava helps a little. But I would rather wash it than the helmet liner.

I would not mind so much but I end up have three different parts on the top of my head from the padding and or air flow. Looks like canyons on the top of my head.

• Premium Member
I would not mind so much but I end up have three different parts on the top of my head from the padding and or air flow. Looks like canyons on the top of my head.
OK now you are required to post a photo, if for nothing but the laughs.  :)

fooschnickens

I've never really had any problems, but then again I keep my hair kinda short and have helmets that flow enough to give me a chill if I ride for too long with the vents open at speed.

I will next chance I get supposed to have rain the next two days.

• Premium Member

I shave my head, but I still get those unsightly wrinkles in my cheeks from the tight cheek pads. :)

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
I shave my head, but I still get those unsightly wrinkles in my cheeks from the tight cheek pads. :)
Depending upon your helmet manufacturer, you may be able to get thinner cheek pads

Guest montana07

Haven't found wearing anything works and with my work environment it's kind of important to keep my hair neat. I pretty much have to keep a pocket comb with me whenever I ride and a stop to the bathroom for some water is essential.

Yeah I make a stop by a sink and use water to try and make it look somewhat like I did not just roll out of bed but for the most part that does not work.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
I got polar fleece neck thingy from REI. It works great.
I'm going to pick one of those up. Spring weather in Iowa is such that it will be 70 f in the afternoon when I get off work but 34 f when I need to go to work. Lucky my commute is only 3 miles and I can go either via highway or back roads.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww330/maalna2/Mobile%20Uploads/35911A19-359E-4184-8974-5C0C7331ACB0.jpg

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww330/maalna2/Mobile%20Uploads/B5A1C5B0-BB8F-4C7D-AC0A-A0B3A6B57F67_1.jpg

As promised my helmet hair. Granted my hair is longer than normal but this still happens when I get it cut.

Archived