The MT-07 Forum

New member from SoCal

ms204

Hey all,

I don't have a FZ-07 but I decided to sign up anyway and become a part of this forum b/c I hope to own one soon.  I currently ride a 2004 600RR and it's been my first and only bike since I bought it brand new back in its model year.  I came across the FZ-07 completely by chance after a thought exercise.  Truthfully, I've never been fully comfortable on my bike due to the seating position and seat height, and have ridden less and less over the last few years.  Now that I'm getting older my back, shoulders, and wrists are telling me my riding days are coming to an end.  Not wanting to give up the saddle, I looked at ways to improve the rider position on the 600RR.  I thought about adding handlebar risers, but I didn't like how the bike would look.  I then thought about converting it to a street-fighter but after researching that, realized it would be a ton of work and I wasn't exactly thrilled to take on a new project.  I decided to casually start thinking about doing it anyway in the spirit of improving my rider enjoyment so I continued to look at photos and how-to write-ups online.

It was then that I discovered the FZ-07.  I watched a few video reviews, looked at a few pictures, and the very next day went down to the dealer to sit on it.  Unfortunately, the dealership I went to does not offer demo rides, but sitting on the FZ-07 was enough to get me motivated to put up the 600RR for sale.  I am planning on going to a demo day hosted by Yamaha at another dealership a few hours away in about a month.  I guess I'll know for sure then, but i'm 99% positive it will be my next bike.

Anyway, that's my story.  Hopefully I'll be riding one with you guys soon.

• Global Moderator

Welcome. The FZ-07 riding position is very comfortable. I did not want the supersport riding position either. I think the test ride will sell you on it. Keep us updated.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome ms204! Once you ride one, you'll be sucked into the vortex! LOL.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Welcome!

I don't know what part of SoCal you're in, but you just missed a Yamaha demo ride on Del Amo Motorsports in Long Beach!

Maybe they'll throw another one soon? Who knows!!

Coming from a sport bike as well, I can tell ya this ride is way more comfortable!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Welcome! 
I don't know what part of SoCal you're in, but you just missed a Yamaha demo ride on Del Amo Motorsports in Long Beach!

Maybe they'll throw another one soon? Who knows!!

Coming from a sport bike as well, I can tell ya this ride is way more comfortable!
I'm in the IE, I saw the one in Long Beach this past weekend but I couldn't make it so I'm going to one in Temecula on 5/1.   
Haha, I'm pretty sure I'll love the more comfy riding position over my 600RR.  Hopefully someone will buy my bike soon!

• Premium Member

Greetings and welcome to the forum,
I purchased my beauty two months ago. The reason I went with the 07 was because of the riding position. For the life of me I cannot figure out why there is a thread here for bar replacement to make the 07 back into a crotch rocket.
I have two friends who ride Ninjas. After riding my 07 they were elated to say the least. Seating position, brakes, power you name it. I never had a test ride. I have no regrets, great bike.

Greetings and welcome to the forum, I purchased my beauty two months ago. The reason I went with the 07 was because of the riding position. For the life of me I cannot figure out why there is a thread here for bar replacement to make the 07 back into a crotch rocket.
I have two friends who ride Ninjas. After riding my 07 they were elated to say the least. Seating position, brakes, power you name it. I never had a test ride. I have no regrets, great bike.

I have no doubt the bike will be awesome when I ride it but since I still have my 600RR the only way I'll get to ride one is to go test it out.  

Rest assured that as soon as I sell my 600RR I will be getting the FZ07! :)

I've also got a 600RR and I'm looking at the FZ07 too. I could buy one now, but that wouldn't be the responsible thing to do. Hopfeully I can grab one after I'm done with this car payment!

2013 Subaru BRZ
2007 CBR 600RR
φφκα

• 2 weeks later...

A lot's happened in April! I went to the Yamaha Demo Day in Chatsworth last weekend and test rode the FZ-07. It's awesome, as I expected. My 600RR is still up for sale with a potential buyer coming to take a look next weekend but while my original plan was to sell the bike and get a new one, I came across a FANTASTIC opportunity to pick up a slightly used FZ-07 at a KILLER price.  It even had most of the mods I would have done anyway, including an awesome Arrow exhaust system!!  After mulling it over for a day or so (read: hours), I decided to go for it!!

I rode it home which was about 100 miles. I was pretty sore afterwards, which made me regret missing out on that Seat Concepts group buy but I'm going to give it some time to see if I will just get used to it. But anyway, here she is!
3tC2PUH.jpg

I wish I can keep them both!

LhWy3kg.jpg

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Two things to check on your FZ-07 are the headlight aim and the throttle cable.  Most riders on this forum had their bike's delivered with the headlight aiming too low and a throttle cable with too much slack in it.  I had to make these adjustments to my bike.  There is a "How To" section under "Tech Tips" that shows you how to fix these problems.  Enjoy your new ride.

• Global Moderator

Sweet, @ms204, congrats!
Even without the group buy discount, the Seat Concepts upgrade is still a killer deal. I would do it now because you have two bikes and you won't loose any seat time.

• Global Moderator

Glad to hear you got a good deal on the bike. I am waiting for my Seat Concepts seat to arrive. Initially I liked the seat but as I ride more I find it more uncomfortable. I am not sure if it is because I am taking longer rides, am more comfortable on the bike now and noticing more or if the padding has compressed a bit. Probably a bit of each. I guess my point is you may want to upgrade the seat anyway. Even at full price the Seat Concepts one is a good deal.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Congratulations!

Where you have the time, post your production number here.

Illegitimi non carborundum

how much were you able to get it used? Its always nice for us to know what market prices are!

2013 Subaru BRZ
2007 CBR 600RR
φφκα

I'll wait a bit on the Seat Concepts saddle just to see what people's reviews are of them. I'd also like to see some more pics from different angles as well as find out how much more it raises the seat. I'm 5'6" with a 29" inseam so not a lot of leeway there. Then again, after riding the 600RR for 12 years it's something I've learned to deal with.

cjymiller, I got the bike for $6500. it had about 1900 miles on it, fender eliminator, frame sliders, aftermarket taillights, rear brake reservoir relocation bracket and the arrow exhaust. it was the vagabond motorsports prototype bike and they took immaculate care of it.

I probably won't do much to the bike except switch to some crg short levers and maybe throw on a windscreen for now, though I'm pretty interested in a hid projector mod.

• Premium Member

Congrats! That's a great deal! Hopefully I'll see you around!

I just saw on the member map that you're so close to me!  We should go riding.

• Premium Member
I just saw on the member map that you're so close to me!  We should go riding.
Let's make it happen. PM me your phone number! I'll text you. 

Archived