The MT-07 Forum

Am I too big for the FZ-07?

cgr45

Hello everyone. I'm thinking of purchasing a 7. My biggest concern is how I would look and fit on the bike. I'm 6'1 and weight 233lbs. Any input from larger owners would be appreciated. 

I'm 6', 200+ lbs. I definitely don't feel like I am too large for the bike. It's actually a less cramped cockpit than most RR bikes. That said I do have to say that I felt the pegs were a bit high for longer rides. But, I religiously ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs. I ended up getting a Gilles Tooling foot peg kit that allows me to move the pegs about an inch in any direction. So I was able to both lower them and shift them back a little. Much comfier.

• Global Moderator

I am 6'1" and 205. I am comfortable with the size. The best way to know for sure is to sit on one though (or better yet ride one).

I'm 5-11 and 235lbs
I'm comfortable on it. Light bike that I feel in control of. Just came off fz1 that was scary fast. Now I am much more confident and relaxed.

I personally could not care less about how I look on it to others.

If I was concerned about that I would have kept my cruiser. (even my fat ass looked cool on that) ;)

Just buy whatever is comfy and ride.

Thanks for the input guys. I sat on a 7 this part weekend. Felt comfortable. Right now I ride a 2005 R1. I love it but I live in the city and most of my riding is in an urban environment. I want a comfortable, light nimble bike for commuting to and from work and some weekend fun. I test rode an FZ-09. Loved the engine. Hated everything else about it. 

What did you hate about 09?

I found the suspension to be too soft. Uncomfortable seat. Throttle response was terrible but everyone is aware of this. However the engine is awesome.

• Premium Member

I'm 5'10" and a solid 250, and the bike is just fine for me. In fact, I love it! I will upgrade the suspension next because the forks are very spongy, but with the preload set on 8 on the rear spring, the bike feels really comfortable for what I use it for (spirited riding around the streets and commuting). Once I upgrade the forks (most likely with a cartridge kit from Matt here on the forums), and a decent quality rear shock, I expect the bike will give me absolutely no surprises in the corners whatsoever. I doubt I will be seeing many track days.

• Premium Member

I am 5'10" and weigh a lot more .... cough ... than all of you. It hauls my fat azmuth all over no problem.

5'10" 250lbs
fits awesome
suspension to soft
damper kit from traxxion and bike is fricken awesome
if your over 200 I think its so worth the money to do the fork
its like a different bike
so good I just pulled my forks off my ctx1300 and sent them down to dan at traxxion to fix those
that bike has 162 miles on her, and its a 16000 dollar bike

5'11'' and 250lbs.

Rear shock was a real problem for me. Had it re-everything at Traxxion and now the difference is - grinning all the way through sweepers. Preload on 4 with new shock. Also had the front forks done through Traxx with the damper rod kit. Good deal! Everything is a lot more progressive and controlled. My whole ride is a bit more stiffer but a lot more stable and not at all wallowy at speed.

The seat gives enough space to move around to adjust your knee bent through long rides imo. After adding a small screen, now I find my posture to be really comfy.

Before the rear shock upgrade, the small of my back used to hurt after an hr. I think the bike used to squat a lot with my heavy ass on it.

I'm 5' 7", 185 and I love how it fits. My previous KLR-650 was a bit of a stretch for me but I managed to put 33k miles on it with no problems. The FZ07 is soooooo much more fun though....I'm lovin it!!

"Look into it later when the dust is clearing off the crater" - Iggy Pop

Archived