The MT-07 Forum

Yet Another Win...

Allan

• Premium Member

Interesting conclusions. Engine Performance: 7 (last). Engine character: 10 (first). The Ducati beats it in most performance category...
And the FZ-07 wins! I guess that proves that a bike really is more than the sum of it's parts (and performance).

Why can't left turners see us?

Interesting conclusions. Engine Performance: 7 (last). Engine character: 10 (first). The Ducati beats it in most performance category... And the FZ-07 wins! I guess that proves that a bike really is more than the sum of it's parts (and performance).
I noticed that too. Kind of odd, but it just proves absolute raw performance isn't everything.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Its $4000 cheaper than the Ducati but only $500 less fun than the Ducati. I hope CW picks it as a 10 best next year. At the rate these shootout wins are going There is no reason not to pick the FZ. When I was originally looking at buying my first motorcycle I was originally thinking other options (Honda CB500F, Kawasaki Ninja 300, etc.) but all the positive press that the FZ received convinced me otherwise. In the words of CW:

"Bikes like the FZ-07 come along only once every decade or so. What Yamaha has accomplished with the smallest FZ is building a good-performing, inexpensive, exciting motorcycle with attractive styling—kind of like a modern Suzuki SV650 or Honda Hawk GT."

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

That looks like HWY 39 in So-Cal. If so, I loooooove that road.

2013 Subaru BRZ
2007 CBR 600RR
φφκα

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

LOL:

Ducati: "A clean and legible LCD keeps tabs on engine vitals. While ripe with features including air temperature, and instant/average fuel economy it’s missing a fuel gauge (also missing on the SFV, but included on the FZ) and handy gear position indicator."

FZ-07: "While its all-digital instrumentation lacks the number of vital stats of the feature-rich Monster, the Yamaha dash is easier to read, and we like that it incorporates a fuel gauge."

It should say: "The Yamaha has all the stats available on the Ducati and more a quick button press away"

That's pretty weird. They must have not touched the dash at all because the 07 definitely has air temp and instant/average fuel economy.

Guest unknown

Could be one of the worst articles I have seen online in a while. The graphs don't even match what the FZ is. Why did they only dyno the FZ to 7800 rpm?

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Could be one of the worst articles I have seen online in a while. The graphs don't even match what the FZ is. Why did they only dyno the FZ to 7800 rpm?
Also the Hp Graph lists "Torque" on the Y-Axis: 
15_sport_twins_HP.jpg

I like online motorcycle sites (Ride Apart, motorcycle-usa, Motorcycle.com) and think they have valuable content, I still get a kick out of their editorial oversight (Or lack their of).

Guest unknown

@snowdriftless, I caught that too and was just shocked at the shoddy journalism they provided. They spent all that valuable time and money comparing them only to produce a poorly edited article!

• Premium Member

It's a bummer that this passes for knowledgeable information these days. They botched the shet out of a lot of the article, but at least they tried... I guess.

Hopefully the masses aren't tricked by misleading information.

Everything went braap.

That looks like HWY 39 in So-Cal. If so, I loooooove that road.
yup i think you're right, was thinking the same thing.

fooschnickens
Also the Hp Graph lists "Torque" on the Y-Axis: 

I like online motorcycle sites (Ride Apart, motorcycle-usa, Motorcycle.com) and think they have valuable content, I still get a kick out of their editorial oversight (Or lack their of).
What's that, a high-strung italian bike with an extra 130cc of discplacement makes more power and torque than the next closest competitor? Color me impressed. 

Wow. This turned into a pretty hostile thread.. Haha I didn't mean for this to happen, I just wanted to share the news that our great bike won another shootout.. lol

Shoddy journalism can be attributed in all areas these days. Kind of sad. We've reached a point where "professionals" do very little fact checking and research at all.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

I read the article and I agree with a lot of the comments here regarding the quality of their writing. I use to follow motorcycle-usa pretty closely for their reviews, but lately I've been going to cycleworld instead. I was mostly surprised by how low they rated the performance of the fz compared to the other two. Especially since all other magazines/reviews have been giving the fz rave reviews especially about its engine. At least these magazines take beautiful pictures I can use as a desktop background.

Archived