The MT-07 Forum

Greetings from the Midwest

Denny

Hello all,

Denny here from Minnesota to introduce myself.  Even though it's snowing here today, I'm pumped up to get started on building up my new FZ-07.  I rode it home 1.5 miles from the dealer in nearly freezing temperatures but we're used to that here!

I've been riding bikes too many years to admit to and currently own seven bikes.  The newest to my collection is the 2015 FZ-07 in Liquid Graphite with the blurple frame and wheels.  I frequent the race tracks in the Midwest for spirited track days on my '11 CBR1000RR and will soon add the FZ-07 to the mix for some variety.  As it sits, the FZ-07 would be lacking in track-ready features so I'm going to build it up as soon as all of the upgrade parts arrive. The biggest upgrade will be to the suspension with the addition of Traxxion Dynamics AK20 cartridges in the forks and a Penske 8983 double-adjustable shock in the rear.  A new Akrapovic titanium exhaust will wake up the engine a little and let me hear the bike.

So far the upgrade list looks like this:
[ul type=disc][*]Akrapovic - Titanium Full Exhaust[*]Traxxion Dynamics - AK20 Fork Cartridges[*]Penske Racing Shocks - Double Adjustable 8983 Shock with Traxxion Dynamics Spring[*]Dunlop - SportMax Q3 Tires[*]R&G Racing - Front & Rear Axle Sliders[*]Graves Motorsports - Diamond Cut Frame Sliders[*]Yamaha Motorsports - Engine Guards[*]Strada 7 Racing - Clutch & Brake Levers[*]TechSpec - C3 Tank Grip Pads[*]Yamaha Motorsports - Front Cowl [*]Yoshimura - Fender Eliminator[*]Evotech Performance - Radiator Guard[*]TFG - Billet Rider Footpegs[*]Lockhart Phillips - Mini Turn Signals[*]Yamaha Motorsports - Mesh Air Intake Covers[*]Vagabond Motorsports - Rear Brake Reservoir relocator[*]Spiegler Performance Parts - Front & Rear Braided Brake Lines[*]Other "Go Fast" parts - To Be Determined[/ul]
I do plan to ride the bike on the street as well so I plan to keep the quiet baffle in the exhaust when I do that.  Most of the upgrade parts have arrived and expect the last of them soon.  I'll post pics when it's done.  It's up on my pitbull stands now pretty much stripped down waiting for the suspension parts to get here. 

I'm impressed with the friendly chatter on this board and look forward to contributing to the pool of knowledge.
Take care,
Denny

• Global Moderator

Wow, you are going to have a great bike when you are done (not that is not a great bike out of the box). Please post some photos.

It sounds like you are planning on taking the baffle in and out for street and track use (unless I misread your post). From what I have read on other threads it is not easy to remove it reinstall the baffle on the Akra exhaust.

Yes, I've read that too about the Akra exhaust. I'm very lucky to have a machinist friend that may be able to help me with that. I'm hopeful that a fix can be applied to the exhaust that will make swapping the baffle easier. I'll post whatever solution I come up with.

gtmn is in Roseville I believe and I am in North Branch. Sounds like an upcoming ride along the river perhaps!

gtmn is in Roseville I believe and I am in North Branch. Sounds like an upcoming ride along the river perhaps!
Yes, a river ride is always welcome!  Hopefully it will stop snowing soon so I can get the bike out! 

Yes, a river ride is always welcome!  Hopefully it will stop snowing soon so I can get the bike out!
Sounds good, I'll PM you a bit later.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome. I am just south in IA.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome Denny! Looking forward to hearing about all these mods and your track days!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Archived