The MT-07 Forum

What boots are you wearing?

nhdon

After wearing the same pair of riding boots for the last 16 years, they finally gave up today.  I can still wear them but they definitely need replacing after riding in the nastiest of conditions and over 50K miles.
The boots are a pair of Daytona road Star GTX boots and I'll be watching for a deal on a pair since my pockets are not as deep as they use to be.

Edited: changed 61 years(Oh My) to 16 years

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the dainese tr course out. I'm a fairly new rider and so far only use it to commute. But the idea of my ankles ripping apart had me go for safety over comfort. They're actually not too bad but I wouldn't want to walk around the mall in them. And they're squeaky as hell.

• Premium Member

I just bought a pair of Dainese Asphalt and I'm super impressed with the quality and protection they offer considering they are not a racing boot.
They are comfy, and the heat hasn't hit yet, but they seem to have great breathabilty.

Why can't left turners see us?

I just got some Sidi Canyon Goretex boots and love em so far. I always use Sidi boots, just have always had great luck with them.

These Canyons look cool, and I can actually walk in them and they are totally waterproof. I also really like the ratcheting strap.

Best price are these at Motorcycle superstore

2011-sidi-canyon-gore-tex-boots-black-mcss.jpg

• Premium Member

I ride in really hot weather, so I ended up with some FirstGear Mesh Lo boots -- more of a hightop boot, but full protection, plus lots of breatheability. Wouldn't go to the track in them, but more than adequate for casual riding and commuting.

• Premium Member

I wear the Dainese Dyno C2B Shoes. Got them on clearance at a cyclegear last year for $150. Wanted a boot/shoe that would have enough strength to support my ankles in case I go down but something I could manage to walk around in. They're working out great for my application.

I really need to find a place that actually carries boots without having to travel 3 hours. All the shops here either have Harley boots or special order. MOMs in Manchester NH has some but nothing that interested me. Icon Reign looked interesting without breaking the bank.

• Global Moderator

I think I posted them somewhere else before but I wear my Frey's. Make me feel like a real man ! smileys-cowboy-052901.gif

IMG_1525.jpg

Guest brickst3r

I have the alpinestars fastback wp (newest model). They feel comfy and look like casual shoes. Definitely need a full boot and leathers once I start doing some track.

I really need to find a place that actually carries boots without having to travel 3 hours. All the shops here either have Harley boots or special order. MOMs in Manchester NH has some but nothing that interested me. Icon Reign looked interesting without breaking the bank.
I feel your pain man,  I wish there was a REAL motorcycle gear place in S. NH, I goto the cyclegear in Woburn MA. You might try them? I buy my stuff from revzilla. Sidi discovery rain boots are what  I wear.  

RRokay Raggie

• Premium Member

Icon Patrol boots are soooo comfy and easy to put on and take off..I paid $170 for mine

I wore hiking boots for a long, long time. 2 years ago, i bought my first street boots; Dainese ST Torque. The 30% rebate made me make the move.  I didn't know nothing about street boots. Because i used to wear motorcycle boot, i loved the feeling of these race boots. In hot days, they're too hot. So i wear waterproof hiking boots. Because i don't plan to do some track days, i would buy Alpinestars Ridge WP boot.  Race boot are not a great choice for long trips because they aren't comfortable for walking. I hoe pthat touring boot are better in this aspect. Otherwise, i'll opt for hiking boot.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

I've been wearing cowboy boots. Nice because they are easy to get on and off. They keep the weather out pretty good too. Unfortunately, the soles have no grip and its not hard to slip.
I would wear my Wolverine work boots but I hate doing them up. They are super comfy though.

I think I posted them somewhere else before but I wear my Frey's. Make me feel like a real man ! smileys-cowboy-052901.gif 

IMG_1525.jpg

Fashionisto! When you gonna ride in DTLA and rock your Fryes. 

pantheraleo

Alpinestars SMX-5.

Very comfy on the bike, with great support and protection. They are okay to walk around in...but not long treks.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

It's like deja vu all over again...

For commuting/quick rides: Dainese Dynos dainese_dyno_c2_b_shoes_detail.jpg

For weekend riding: Oxtar TCX EVO RX replicas tcsevo1.jpg

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Castle Kicker Boots. All I need for the time being

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

For commuting I wear Alpinestars S-MX 2. They're comfy enough, and fit into my locker at work with a minimal amount of hassle. For weekend riding I have a pair of Dainese Torque RS In boots. They're amazing! Highly recommend!

Alpinestars SMX-5, I thought they would be a pain to walk around in, but they are very nice now that they are broken in.

Archived