The MT-07 Forum

What boots are you wearing?

nhdon

Well I think I did ok. Found a pair of Tour Master Solution 2.0 Air for $75.00. Seem like a good all day boot. Guess I'll find out.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator
Well I think I did ok. Found a pair of Tour Master Solution 2.0 Air for $75.00. Seem like a good all day boot. Guess I'll find out.
That is a great price. I really like mine. 

That is a great price. I really like mine. 
Plaistow Powersports is clearing out all their boots.... not many left and only things they had in a 10 to 11.  I also grabbed some Speed and Strength Summer gloves for 25 bucks. 

Nhdon,

I use Tour Master Solution Air boots with Hipora most of the year. These are excellent boots. I wear a size larger River Road in the cold weather. I never had a positive perception of River Road but these boots are well made. I used to wear Prexport boots for years.

I got a sweet deal on a Shift jacket at Plaistow Powersports a while back. Shift left the street market soon after.

There is a motorcycle accessory business in Conway, NH that has a showroom and a mail order business. Their name is Whitehorse Gear. I cannot give you a recent thumbs up or down because I use Revzilla now.

You did well with your recent boot purchase.

I just got Cortech Latigo Waterproof RR Boot in the mail today
bought em size 10 but I have large calves and they're not zipping 100% hoping to wear em in the house and stretch them. If they don't I will send em back.
LatigoWPRRBlkPair_detail.jpg

Last season I wore TSX X-Square Sport low-cut boots.  I wanted some boots with additional support around the leg so I ordered the TCX X-Five Gore Tex boots.  I just received them in the mail from Motostorm.it.

I wear 2 different kinds of boots, for my commute in colder and iffy weather I wear Alpinestars new land goretex wp boots. Awesome pair, very comfortable to be in even walking around. For the hotter days I wear speed and strength moto shoe. Very comfortable and breathable.

Boom

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

The best bad weather riding boots I've ever had are from tractor supply. They're called Muck Boots and look like birth control. But they're insulated, wind proof, and water proof. I've ridden in sleet with those on and did not suffer.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
The best bad weather riding boots I've ever had are from tractor supply. They're called Muck Boots and look like birth control. But they're insulated, wind proof, and water proof. I've ridden in sleet with those on and did not suffer.

These boots are the best in general for damn near any messy operation. I was looking at my pair in the closet a few days ago and was thinking they'd do great for motorcycling. Albeit fugly as could be.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Anyhow...

Redwing #4439 (Chippewa oiled canvas laces.. personal favorite.)

They've seen a ton of mileage/use being my work boots as well.

20150429_201113.jpg

Everything went braap.

Guest montana07

Just got a pair of Sidi Roarr. Havent put many miles on them yet, but so far I really like them.

• Premium Member
howworkclutch
Black Chuck Taylor All Stars. Oh yeah.

fail.  do over.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member

I love Chuck T's... practically all I wear, except for when I'm on the bike. I like my feet and want to keep them.

Everything went braap.

thestache
Yeah man, some of the shoes in this thread may keep feet comfy during a ride but get your feet twisted and torn in a wreck.
Cruizin, what about these, they match my bike, but are a little hard to get under the shifter....they are ALPINE STARS...trust me, see the stars one em 

ShoeBeesBluWhtstr.jpg

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

get hit by a rock that fell off a truck. or a bottle some jackass tossed out the window. or a lug nut that fell off a car. tire weight. bird. tractor/trailer blowout pieces.

or get in a wreck with a car and have your foot instantly removed.

then theres the oil at a stoplight... its not only embarrassing but hurts like hell because it hyper-extends your hip and you end up with a running motorcycle on you... and if you fell to the left the stupid thing is probably still in gear and you cant let go of the stupid clutch.

leather boots with oil resistant soles. above the ankle. no flamable materials if you can help it. if you dont want to buy a new pair every couple of years get some that are triple stitched and can be resoled.

women dig manly footwear. zombies can't bite through good thick leather. buy them a little large and roll your cash up and store it in the toe of your boot. if sht really hits the fan: kick. if you're ever in a pow camp you can use your boots to move dirt out of your escape tunnel. wrap your jerky in cellophane and use it for cushioning. when you get a new pair, plant flowers in the old ones. boots are biodegradable and technically edible.

boots are awesome.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member

Hearing stories from other motorcyclists, boots are really the only option. Someone was telling me how they got the handicap placard for their automobile. It involved a rusted exhaust hanger that caused serious damage when it fell off the vehicle he was following at around 70 mph. Inadequate footwear, several operations later and he can now park up front with the rest of em. Dude doesn't ride any longer, doesn't run either... and barely walks at a snails pace, probably not without constant pain.

Other cool things boots can do: hammer nails in a pinch if they're steel toed. Also cause serious damage if used defensively. My style being electrical hazard, they also offer a minor safeguard against current.

They're also like high heels for men. If you're short like me, that's friggin awesome.

Everything went braap.

Guest sportyeight
fail.  do over.
LOL. Planning on better but I spent too much money on motorcycle. I do have some boots but I can't really fit them between the foot peg and the shift lever...

Archived