The MT-07 Forum

What boots are you wearing?

nhdon

bmwpowere36m3
For the guys with SMX-3, how comfortable would you rate them from 0-10. Do you think you could tolerate wearing them for a whole day or are they too rigid? I have a pair of Gaerne GRS boots that are great for the track and on the bike, but after 1hr of walking I'm going nuts. I'm looking for a good commuting boot that preferably goes just above the ankle.
I got a pair… the upper [leather] isn't stiff, the sole is.  I can wear MX boots all day no problem… maybe not walking all-day long.  What I find is that the stiff sole and possibly thin insole transmits each step as a shock into your foot/heel.  That shock is what becomes uncomfortable, not so much the fact that the sole isn't flexing.

At first walking more than 10 minutes on a hard surface started to become "noticeable" and uncomfortable.  They've gotten better as I've worn them… but I haven't walked more than 30 minutes straight with them.  Not because their uncomfortable, but I generally don't walk around when I'm riding for long periods of time.  On the other hand, I can ride/wear them all day no problem.

I just keep a spare set of shoes at work to change into… more comfortable and I don't look like a power ranger.  I think a thicker, softer insole would make them better walking shoes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

During the week I wear my danners (usmc)... off time I wear some classic doc martens. Finally pulled the trigger on some Sidi traffic 2 air boots and I can only hope that they are as everything the reviews(on other sites) say they are. I've never been on a legit track or anything but having nice motorcycle purposed boots will be a change for me.

*edit*
They showed up today and are hella comfortable right out of the box. Air flow is amazing. Solid protection in the toe box, heel, ankle and sole. Very happy wity choice.plus I can walk around without the robocop motorcycle guy look.
[attachment id=626" thumbnail="1]

Just picked up some TCX X-Move WP boots and I'm loving them!! Pretty good protection and just above the ankle without being constricting like a full race boot. Very comfortable off the bike. Only complanint is they get a little toasty. Haven't met with any rain yet

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I picked up a pair of SIDI Vertigo boots. They are armoured up in all the right places with a shank, nicely adjustable to accommodate over or under riding pants.  Not much for walking around, but that's the price for protection i guess. (about 430 CDN) I really dig them.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I bought these 4 years ago and love them. I can wear them all day, and under jeans they don't look exactly like regular footwear, but they don't stick out ether.

image.jpg

If I had to say one negative thing it would be that they really let in water when it's pouring rain.

• Premium Member

A pair of Sidi Fusion just arrived and I've not even had time for a ride with them yet! :-(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Don't think I've posted here yet... I just got a pair of Sidi Fusion. I hope they are more comfy and responsive when broken in! Fit is fine but the tops are a little large for my skinny legs but they fit under my jeans okay and keep the heat off my calves when riding in 100+ temps like this summer (and today, for that matter). And, most of the worst hoaky contrasting detail also hides under my jeans... or, I'd have to dye it all black!

OOPS, I'd posted an initial comment just above... forgot and didn't look; my bad, sorry!  (a b***h to get old!)

• Global Moderator
I bought these 4 years ago and love them. I can wear them all day, and under jeans they don't look exactly like regular footwear, but they don't stick out ether. 
image.jpg

If I had to say one negative thing it would be that they really let in water when it's pouring rain.
What boot is that?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 3 months later...

I have a pair of Gore-Tex S-MX6's, they are so comfortable I could wear them all day no problem and keep my feet dry.
[/url][url=]http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/198637
I was looking at getting Sidi B2 Gore-Tex but read some reviews of the soles wearing out too quickly.
http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/26095

• Global Moderator

Smx3 red and blacks

... match the bike perfectly

• Premium Member
[/img]Bought these bad boys a few weeks ago and boy the feel nice! highly recommend them if you have the money to spare since they are 40% off right now over at motowheels.com

Depends on how I feel like riding, or where we're going to ride for that matter.

In either case I have a pair of Sidi ST air boots that I wear for more spirited riding, and then I also have a set of Sidi Doha boots for commuting and general riding.

not boots, but picked up Some Vera Cruz riding shoes this morning from my local D Store;

Dainese%20Vera%20Cruz_zpspsxrgrhb.jpg

very comfy & low profile

Nice was just about to ask on the thoughts of riding shoes.

Pretty much my same thoughts, I never go to the track so I want something I can commute in and still walk around in at work/school. I had tried some BILT ones but returned them after realizing that the fit was too loose. I'll be looking to get something soon to replace my leather while comfortable don't offer any protection.

• Global Moderator
Pretty much my same thoughts, I never go to the track so I want something I can commute in and still walk around in at work/school. I had tried some BILT ones but returned them after realizing that the fit was too loose. I'll be looking to get something soon to replace my leather while comfortable don't offer any protection.
Id recommend the astars smx 3's
i wear em anytime i ride the bim... once they break in they're amazing feeling

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

For the guys with SMX-3, how comfortable would you rate them from 0-10. Do you think you could tolerate wearing them for a whole day or are they too rigid? I have a pair of Gaerne GRS boots that are great for the track and on the bike, but after 1hr of walking I'm going nuts. I'm looking for a good commuting boot that preferably goes just above the ankle.

Late response, but I have worn them all day multiple days when I was too lazy to bring a pair of work shoes with me to work. I find them really comfortable. My only complaint about the SMX3 is they squeak when I walk. More so the left than the right.

- xCarbonSteelx

Archived