The MT-07 Forum

Wicked's FZ 07

wickedtwister

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Hello,  Im a new (ish) member from the Foothills of South Carolina area.  The FZ07 is my first street after spending years on dirt bikes. Figured I'd show off my latest projects on the bike. 

Mods:
Graves fender eliminator
Rizoma Sport wind screen
Renthal Street fighter handlebar
Adjustable brake and clutch levers
Akra TI exhaust (DB killer removed...)
Power Commander V
Custom rear turn LED's built into the body panels (currently on the 2nd revision, after the first was a fail for daytime visibility)
R6 proton Flushmounts that I have been too lazy to install

So the Mod blitz started when I started working in Alabama on a temporary assignment.  I really don't have a lot to do after work other than ride of course so I'm keeping myself busy modding my bike. Anyways enjoy

20141005_145059_zpsez0fcn6x.jpg

20150411_154802_zpshhcj2jw5.jpg

My bike and the Girlfriends 2008 Z1000 (yeah she's awesome!)

20150404_135830_zpsvwgjtuol.jpg

Good view of cleaned up tail with integrated turn signals.

20150403_170302_zpskcxitwwc.jpg

Turn Signal 1.0

20150413_204441_zpsr5mxgn2y.jpg

Turn Signal 1.0 (left) vs 2.0 (right)  The first version has a very directional pattern which did a great job at alerting the ground that i was turning but the drivers behind me couldn't see it very well.  That of course should be fixed in the 2.0 version. (if i get bored and people want to see it ill post a how to in the LED lighting section.)  Im guessing i probably have $8 in parts per side....

Any questions, comments, or emotional outbursts are welcome.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome wickedtwister! Good lookin' bike(s)! Thanks for joining.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Those are two nice bikes. You have done some great mods to your bike too. Thanks for posting those pictures.

• Global Moderator
...if i get bored and people want to see it ill post a how to in the LED lighting section.)  Im guessing i probably have $8 in parts per side....  
Any questions, comments, or emotional outbursts are welcome.

Hi @wickedtwister, thanks for joining our forum. Excellent mods!  

And please get bored, a new 'How To' is always welcome. We can add it to our Master Listrespect-048.gif

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
My bike and the Girlfriends 2008 Z1000 (yeah she's awesome!)... ...Any questions, comments, or emotional outbursts are welcome.
Welcome, Nice job making your mods a little more personal and not just plug and play style. Your girlfriend does sound awesome, my one of my instructors at my MSF course had a Z1000! I hope you trade bikes every now and then. Glad you like the FZ! 
*Rant*
It always irks me when someone says "That's a girls bike" or "You ride like a girl". Pretty much all of the people in my MSF class were Harley-Davidson people. When I told them the only motorcycle I would be interested in from H-D would be a Sportster they all said something like the above. I'm an adult, I'll ride what ever I want, even if it is a 250cc with rainbow unicorn flames and hot pink riding gear.
*Rant*

I am trying to get my wife interested in motorcycles. Currently she is only interested on going on the occasional ride with me and I still need to get her full gear (ATGATT). Again welcome.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

My bike and the Girlfriends 2008 Z1000 (yeah she's awesome!)... ...Any questions, comments, or emotional outbursts are welcome.
Welcome, Nice job making your mods a little more personal and not just plug and play style. Your girlfriend does sound awesome, my one of my instructors at my MSF course had a Z1000! I hope you trade bikes every now and then. Glad you like the FZ!

*Rant*
It always irks me when someone says "That's a girls bike" or "You ride like a girl". Pretty much all of the people in my MSF class were Harley-Davidson people. When I told them the only motorcycle I would be interested in from H-D would be a Sportster they all said something like the above. I'm an adult, I'll ride what ever I want, even if it is a 250cc with rainbow unicorn flames and hot pink riding gear.
*Rant*

I am trying to get my wife interested in motorcycles. Currently she is only interested on going on the occasional ride with me and I still need to get her full gear (ATGATT). Again welcome.
By and large, H-D riders are insecure idiots that have eaten too much denim and chrome over the years.  That Shet is bad for the brain... 
The simple fact of the matter is, ride what you want and no one...NO ONE should have anything to say about that.  I DO think it is particularly awesome when a female rides a larger bike as it generally means they have a very good grasp of the fundamentals and are in control of a more complex (weight) machine.

Ive been wanting to do that with my rear turn signals. @wickedtwister, how did you mount the LEDs to the plastic?

• Premium Member

Yep, I want to see how those LEDs in the rear are installed..I am all for visibility

Nice bike, you working oil rigs there in Ala.? I said in another post that flames on bikes were over done but I've never seen rainbow unicorn flames! Maybe a Hello Kitty on a hot pink tricycle with rainbow unicorn flames coming off the tires. That might turn some heads .... yes???? 

Beemer

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Thanks for the kind words. Tonight I am going to make the left side led turn signals. I'll write up a how to with pictures but it may be tomorrow until i get to writing it.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

*Rant*
*Rant*

By and large, H-D riders are insecure idiots that have eaten too much denim and chrome over the years.  That Shet is bad for the brain... 
The simple fact of the matter is, ride what you want and no one...NO ONE should have anything to say about that.  I DO think it is particularly awesome when a female rides a larger bike as it generally means they have a very good grasp of the fundamentals and are in control of a more complex (weight) machine.
My Girlfriend is from Germany, and in Germany they can get a Motorcycle (or moped) license at 15.  They cannot get a car license until 19 or 20.  So needless to say it wasn't until she moved to the states that she bought her first car.  Today her only vehicle is the Z1000.  She steals my truck when weather is really bad but for the most part rain or shine she rides.  Its sad to say that she is a much more hardcore rider than I.  As a matter of fact she rode 8 hours (should be 5 hours) in pouring rain and thunderstorms to see me this weekend.  I gave her my truck to drive for a few weeks because I felt bad that she got that soaked coming to see me.

and H-D riders are "mostly" insecure idiots.  I went riding with a guy from the Plant here and he started off by saying I'm not in any kind of race I know your bike is faster.  Towards the end of the ride he really wanted to see who's bike was faster.  As it turns out when you dump $8K into a H-D "rocker" motor you still only have a 105 cubic inch motor that is very efficient at turning Gasoline into noise.  My little FZ07 can still outrun his in the straights.  Power to weight is where its at.

20150404_135620_zpstlitblle.jpg

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
Nice bike, you working oil rigs there in Ala.? I said in another post that flames on bikes were over done but I've never seen rainbow unicorn flames! Maybe a Hello Kitty on a hot pink tricycle with rainbow unicorn flames coming off the tires. That might turn some heads .... yes???? 
No oil rigs.... I'm working at the BFGoodrich Plant in Tuscaloosa.  I am a Race Tire Design Engineer here to make sure they don't screw up my tires haha.  

No oil rigs.... I'm working at the BFGoodrich Plant in Tuscaloosa.  I am a Race Tire Design Engineer here to make sure they don't screw up my tires haha.
I see, hey, if I 'LIKE' your post will you send me some good, sticky Goodrich's?! (for company approved, promotional reasons, of course :))

Beemer

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

[video src=https://youtu.be/Qn3N6M0eFD0]

[video src=https://youtu.be/wqOfJ9IszqI]

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Hey Wicked, what do you think of the new BFG AT2?  And what is an awesome BFG tire for my FZ?  In other words, what will you be putting on your bike?

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
Hey Wicked, what do you think of the new BFG AT2?  And what is an awesome BFG tire for my FZ?  In other words, what will you be putting on your bike?
Im guessing you mean the BFG All Terrain KO2.  Its an awesome tire.  If you liked the old KO this tire is nothing but better.  Better wear, better wet/dry/snow traction, it hasb a tougher sidewall that is more resistant to punctures, ect. I worked on that project for about a year and a half, so i may be slightly bias.  We also took that tire to run in the Baja 1000 for the last 2 years with no failures.  We also dropped it from a airplane at 10K feet bolted it to a jeep and drove away.  
[video src=https://youtu.be/SU_HWvKtKhA]

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Im guessing you mean the BFG All Terrain KO2.  Its an awesome tire.  If you liked the old KO this tire is nothing but better.  Better wear, better wet/dry/snow traction, it hasb a tougher sidewall that is more resistant to punctures, ect. I worked on that project for about a year and a half, so i may be slightly bias.  We also took that tire to run in the Baja 1000 for the last 2 years with no failures.  We also dropped it from a airplane at 10K feet bolted it to a jeep and drove away.
So you really did drop that thing and bolt it to a vehicle and drove on it?  Gigantic balls my friend.  I thought it was just all gimmick Hollywood cut away, hand the Jeep driver a brand new tire and film him driving away.  So what do you recommend for the FZ-07? 

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Archived