The MT-07 Forum

Jerky Throttle Response?

farmer67

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

I kinda wonder what kind of bikes some of you rode in the past.

I came from hi-torque liter twin so this little 700 is absolutely docile. I love the throttle response.

On my other bike the throttle demands 100% attention 100% of the time. On the 07 I just grab-n-twist.

I guess it all depends on your experiences. But I say: don't try to fix something that works really really well.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
I kinda wonder what kind of bikes some of you rode in the past.  
I came from hi-torque liter twin so this little 700 is absolutely docile. I love the throttle response.

On my other bike the throttle demands 100% attention 100% of the time. On the 07 I just grab-n-twist.

I guess it all depends on your experiences. But I say: don't try to fix something that works really really well.

I came from riding a 2001 GSXR1000. I'm just getting back riding after a 6 yr hiatus. Other bikes I've had was my first bike i ever learne to ride on was a 2001 Suzuki Katana, 2002 Kawasaki ZX-9. I love my FZ-07. The instant torque is right there and that's what makes this bike so much fun.

The jerkyness that I see is shifting at low rpms mostly when riding with a passenger. You can shift and twist at 5k and up with no issue but on my bike when just cruising and shifting from 1st to 2nd below 4k it was difficult to make it smooth unless milking the clutch. Everyone is a 'pro' rider in the boards and will say it comes from inexperience or not knowing the bike well enough but that's bs. I have had a vmax, gxsr1000, and vfr1200 and never had this issue. It may differ from bike to bike but it totally disappeared for me when I installed an EJK tuner so that says something.

• Global Moderator

My "problem" was maintaining a constant speed. It seemed like it was difficult to keep a constant rpm. That problem definitely went away after more time on the bike.

• 6 months later...

I have a G2 with the 400 cam coming, for my FZ-07, it leaps straight forward when you come back on the gas. G2 with 400 cam, made a world of difference on 2004 TE 250 HUSQVARNA , this bike makes instant power as soon as you open the throttle, feels like it would better if you added a flywheel weight, no one makes one for it. 36 mmMIKUNI TMR, with a pump.

Archived