How To: Custom Rear LED Turn Signals

wickedtwister

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Global Moderator
Dang..
the how to in the beginning of the thread is pretty easy to follow.  if you have a soldering iron its a rather in-expensive project
all the parts including wire and solder rand me about 30 bucks and i'm still using the wire, solder, and leftover LEDs for other small projects. 

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Ok guys i am no longer a supporting vendor. With my work schedule and house projects and a couple car builds going on i simply cannot make these as well. If you have any questions about the process to make your own set please post them here ill be more than happy to help.

Note: any post that says "deleted" is like that because it referenced me selling these.

this is the Splitter this is the yamaha adapter
Perfect! Thanks man.
Ok question. Yes i know this is SUPER old but this would be great to add. These two are for the same thing correct? I would hook it to the tale light and the other to the LED's how? It looks like they are all just inline and would only have one wire coming out of it. what did i miss?

Perfect! Thanks man.
Ok question. Yes i know this is SUPER old but this would be great to add. These two are for the same thing correct? I would hook it to the tale light and the other to the LED's how? It looks like they are all just inline and would only have one wire coming out of it. what did i miss?
The splitter is if you want two separate lights for one turning signal function (right/left). For example, you can use the splitter to have the stock turn signal light up in addition to a custom one. Or you can use the splitter to have a brake light as part of the side panel mod so it lights up both sides.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

Splitter is mainly to be able to use a set of turnsignals with a integrated turn/tail lights.

I wouldnt say its easy to add a set of brake lights with a splitter. It requires a harness to tap into the brake light signal. When i built mine i used the third wire in the connector for the brake signal.

If you're just hooking up a set of led side panels I would just get the pigtail set.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
wickedtwister

Under seat I think check your owners manual. If you were connecting bare wires be vary careful not to cross the wires or hit ground.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
wickedtwister

I have not seen one. But if you do cover it is would recommend running 6 rows of 3 leds per side to add extra brightness. I made a set for someone that way and they were super bright.

• 3 months later...

I just ordered all the parts to complete this. Such an awesome and creative idea!

Question: If i purchased a new turn signal relay will I need the resistors still?

Also, I am going to do a combo Amber and Red. Amber for turn signals and Red for a strobing brake light so the cagers don't hit me! Excited for parts to come in!

Archived