The MT-07 Forum

right turn signal stays on

oerllikon

Hey everyone,

I just did the yoshimura tail tidy on my fz-07. When I went to test my new led blinkers, only on the rear, the left signals hyper flash as expected, but my right front signal flashes if it wants to stay on, but the right rear stays on like a running light. I am stumped.

I don't know if it's the flasher or switch? I soldered all of the wires

Stay safe everyone!

I'm not 100% positive on your situation but I think installing an LED flasher relay may solve the problem. LED blinkers have a much lower voltage rating than the stock bulbs so that may be why your new LEDs are flashing super fast.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
I'm not 100% positive on your situation but I think installing an LED flasher relay may solve the problem. LED blinkers have a much lower voltage rating than the stock bulbs so that may be why your new LEDs are flashing super fast.
@vi5a 
I think you misunderstood his concern; he's wondering why the right blinker is constantly on. He's not worried about the flash rate. 

My guess is that he mixed up the wires when he was soldering the right harness? Not sure what else could have gone wrong. 

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
I soldered all of the wires

Sounds like it could be a grounding problem? Did you put shrink-wrap over all your solder connections?

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

In the rear, there are only 2 wires leading to each blinker so mixing them wouldn't be a problem. The fronts have 3 wires. 1 of which is a constant on. LED lights just don't work properly with the stock relay. Sometimes it's just minor where it just flashes really fast and some times it screws up like maybe in this situation.

Wow, thanks for the response guys.

I will double check. I am thinking there could be a couple strands poking through, enough to light the led but not trip the flasher? It's rough, it's been beautiful outside and I'd like to get on the fz!

Otherwise I will try an led flasher

BTW I did shrink them

• Premium Member

I would just double check everything -- are you absolutely sure you didn't accidentally reverse polarity on the wires, or wire the right signal to the LED license plate light, for example?

The flasher relay is really only needed to slow down the blink rate, so that shouldn't have an affect on your setup -- I suspect something was just not wired to the correct place.

Also, did you check the operation of the flashers before you soldered and shrinkwrapped everything?  I guess I am anal about stuff like that -- my install took a lot longer than it should have because I double and triple checked everything along the way.

I would just double check everything -- are you absolutely sure you didn't accidentally reverse polarity on the wires, or wire the right signal to the LED license plate light, for example? 
The flasher relay is really only needed to slow down the blink rate, so that shouldn't have an affect on your setup -- I suspect something was just not wired to the correct place.

Also, did you check the operation of the flashers before you soldered and shrinkwrapped everything?  I guess I am anal about stuff like that -- my install took a lot longer than it should have because I double and triple checked everything along the way.

I rode the FZ after class tonight. I unplugged the rear turn signal,and I got flash on both sides. I double checked the wiring, I will trouble shoot with a multimeter later.

I'm with you, I'm guessing the signal is faulty. I will have to cut the wires and try the stockers. The signal itself is all I can think of. I isolated the wires as if they were exposed, and got the same result.

Unless anyone has a wiring diagram from the blinker switch, the light is the only thing I can think of.

Thanks Again And Stay safe!

Archived