The MT-07 Forum

new owner

jetgirl

Just bought the fz 07. Love it. It's everything I was expecting. A little background-I'm a 45 y/o woman and I love motorcycles! For years I had a 04 Ninja 250. I took it everywhere. I would do 600 mile days on it. Then the bike was totaled and I was without a bike for 5 years. I got a 01 Ninja 250 last year and got right back to taking long rides. It's a great little bike. Big gas tank, good gas mileage. Will do 100 mph and for it's size it's fast. It's just that sometimes in certain situations I want more. I've always liked the Ninja 650 and always planned to get one but then the fz 07 came out and it outperformed the 650, it cost less and it weighed 64 pounds less. I often find myself on roads that turn into dirt paths and when I'm turning around to get out of there, less weight is appreciated. I know the KTM Duke 690 is even lighter but that bike is just not me. I've never been a fan of naked bikes but for some reason I like the look of the fz 07. I've taken it out 3 times and have put 300 miles on it. Definitely want a windshield but first frame sliders and a radiator guard. Anyway, great bike. Will post pictures soon.

Awesome and congrats on the new bike! Smart to get the sliders and Radiator guard first. Our supporting Vendor Vagabond Motorsports has a great deal on some quality sliders worth looking at.

Let us know if you have any questions about the site or the bike.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome jetgirl! Yay, another lady rider! I love motorcycles too, where ya from?

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Welcome @jetgirl! Great to have you here. You have excellent taste in bikes! Love the FZ07 too.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome! Remember to vote for the fastest color , and add yourself to the map. I was also looking at the Ninja 250/300 but I am glad I went with the FZ. I Too suggest frame sliders, radiator guard, and a windscreen.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member

Welcome to the forums. @rotaryryan24 makes a fine radiator guard, I even prefer it with the additional side plates he offers. It's in the supporting vendor section if you are so inclined.

Everything went braap.

Welcome aboard! Have you ridden at night yet? If not, check out the post: "How to: Aiming Headlight". Most of our 07's came from the factory with the headlights pointed way down which render them practically useless above 30 mph. at night. So you may want to take a look at that and it's easy to adjust yourself.  Just one or two kicks and voila! - kidding, ride safe!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Welcome @jetgirl!!

Seems like everyone's covered all the basics haha. Glad you could join us!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Welcome jetgirl! Yay, another lady rider! I love motorcycles too, where ya from?
The other side of the country. New Hampshire.

snowdriftless said:  
Welcome! Remember to vote for the fastest color (unless its red), and add yourself to the map. I was also looking at the Ninja 250/300 but I am glad I went with the FZ. I Too suggest frame sliders, radiator guard, and a windscreen.
I went with the liquid graphite. They all look nice but I prefer dark colors and the blue frame and rims look sharp.

[p align=center]Thanks for the warm welcome. BcMlk86.png

Hhhmmm. The ladies do like the FZ. My wife has an agenda to make mine hers - I'm sure of it.

Congrats on your new bike!

Archived