The MT-07 Forum

Joey - 2015 FZ07

Joey

Hey, what's up guys?

I'm Joey, from NC. Yesterday, I was proud to purchase a new 2015 fz07. I heard a lot of good things about the bike so I went for it. I was going to buy the fz6r but a few people recommended the fz07 and said that I would enjoy it more, so here I am. I'm gonna start adding things to it very soon, hopefully. 

Sorry for the huge picture. I'm on my phone and couldn't resize it. 

image.jpg

• Premium Member

Great choice on a bike, Im sure your going to love it! There is lots of good resources on here about mods etc

• Premium Member

Gray blurple I hear that is the fastest color! Oh and welcome!

• Global Moderator

Hi @joey, thanks for joining. Now start racking up some miles and get rid of that warning sticker. Pretty sweet bike huh?

Thanks for all the welcoming! 

@guru, I didn't even notice that warning sticker until you mentioned it! It's definitely about to come off.

A little bummed out. I planned on riding today before work and it has been pouring rain all day, lol. 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome joey! Nice lookin' bike!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome!  As you will find out this is a fun bike and easy to work on when you start your mods.  

• Premium Member

Welcome, GREAT color choice! Be sure to add yourself to the Forum map!

• Global Moderator

Welcome. I test rode the FZ6R. I like the -07 better. You made a good choice.

Thanks everyone!
@tini206, I have added myself to the map! A little sad that nobody is really around me. I liked the color as well. There was a red there as well, but I didn't like it as much.

@mjh937, thanks! I heard that same thing from a lot of people. They recommended the FZ07 over the FZ6R, and they would've had to order one. They already had a FZ07 so I went with it. I'm loving it so far!

Hi @joey, thanks for joining. Now start racking up some miles and get rid of that warning sticker. Pretty sweet bike huh?
For $7k you would think it would've came with a promotional Yamaha sticker. Heck, my $250 EJK came with two stickers. I'm betting I get one with my K&N filter, too. 
Welcome, Joey, enjoy your bike and get rid of that exhaust.

Beemer

@beemer, thanks! What exhaust do you recommend? I've been looking for awhile for different stuff. I plan on getting a fender eliminator kit, possible integrated tail lights and a new exhaust. I don't know about anything else as of yet.

Man, I installed this pipe just yesterday and didn't want to get off of my FZ. It has that BRRRAAAP, BRAP sound and it really turns heads. It's loud but not too loud. Watch some you tube video's of different pipes on the 07 and you'll get a good idea of what 'you' like. Good luck!
[attachment id=170" thumbnail="1][attachment id=171" thumbnail="1][attachment id=172" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

@beemer - I'm definitely looking for something similar to what you described. Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it.

NP, you're welcome bro! Let us know what you decide to get and shoot us a pic as well if possible, kamsahamnida!

Beemer

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Yay! Congrats on choosing the best color available :)

Remember to take off that tank sticker ASAP, it's been known to give a lot of members trouble! (kinda sarcasm, kinda not)

• Premium Member
Remember to take off that tank sticker ASAP, it's been known to give a lot of members trouble! (kinda sarcasm, kinda not)
@joey also don't forget to vote for the fastest color so we gray and blurple owners can represent -- those red-riding weirdos are in the lead for some crazy reason.

@joey also don't forget to vote for the fastest color so we gray and blurple owners can represent -- those red-riding weirdos are in the lead for some crazy reason.
Notice how @hbc didn't tell this OP to vote for the best color. Haha ;)

@ch3rryghost, thanks man. I appreciate it! That thing is definitely coming off! ????. It's been raining the past 2 days since I got the bike and it's just been sitting ????

@so1102 I will be sure to participate in the fastest color poll. Thanks for letting me know. Your comment about the red-riding weirdos made me laugh a bit lol.

Okay, I have tried to remove that warning sticker and it isn't working lol. I guess it was where I accidentally left it out in the rain and dried and so the sticker is just breaking apart and leaving sticky residue all over the bike.
Any ideas? Maybe some hot water and pealing at the same time will work.

• Premium Member

Heat it up with a hair dryer or heat gun, and use something like goo gone to remove the residue

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Yep that's exactly how I did it, I didn't care to take my time or anything, just scrapped it off as methodically as I could and cleaned off residue with good force , goo-gone and a microfiber.

Archived