The MT-07 Forum

Hi from SC

Nathaniel Crunkleton

Nathaniel Crunkleton

Hey All --

Wanted to make a first post, though I'll probably be reading > posting.

I'm a medical student in upstate SC with a BS in Chemistry.  I signed on with the Air Force a few years ago, and have interests in Bowling, Lindy Hop, and Firearms.

I don't own a motorcycle, but intend to buy my first within the next year.  

My brother is an avid rider/mechanic whose current bike is a Yamaha WR250X, and recommended the FZ-07 based on the criteria I fed to him.

Thanks!

NC

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome nathanielcrunkleton! Stick around; lots of info on this forum. Do you plan to take the basic riders course?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome! I'm new as well. I know you said upstate SC, but where about is that? I'd be better with a city name, lol.
I'm from NC and you'll probably be the closest person to me that will have a fz07!
It'd be awesome to meet up and go riding one day whenever you got one!

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome! What criteria did you feed to your brother?

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Nathaniel Crunkleton

I'm in Greenville, SC

I told him I was looking for a good starter bike prioritizing weight.  Mostly determinant were my rule-out criteria:  I didn't care for anything with a "classic" styling, and I don't tend to push anything that hard -- even my Miata gets driven conservatively (except in corners).  I noted that I REALLY like the feel of his WR250X, but have no inclination to take it off-road as he does.  We explored a lot of options, and came to the conclusion that something from the Big 4 Japanese companies would be most appropriate when initial cost and maintenance concerns are considered.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
I'm in Greenville, SC 

I told him I was looking for a good starter bike prioritizing weight.  Mostly determinant were my rule-out criteria:  I didn't care for anything with a "classic" styling, and I don't tend to push anything that hard -- even my Miata gets driven conservatively (except in corners).  I noted that I REALLY like the feel of his WR250X, but have no inclination to take it off-road as he does.  We explored a lot of options, and came to the conclusion that something from the Big 4 Japanese companies would be most appropriate when initial cost and maintenance concerns are considered.
The FZ is probably the best choice right now. It is a modern version of what the SV650 was in 1999. 

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Welcome! I'm new as well. I know you said upstate SC, but where about is that? I'd be better with a city name, lol. I'm from NC and you'll probably be the closest person to me that will have a fz07!

Joey, where are you located? You and Nathaniel should both join my Carolina Chapter in the southeast section.

@fzpolice I am located in the Charlotte area of NC. I'm about 25 minutes from there.

That sounds pretty cool to me. I will do that.

Nathaniel Crunkleton
Welcome! I'm new as well. I know you said upstate SC, but where about is that? I'd be better with a city name, lol. I'm from NC and you'll probably be the closest person to me that will have a fz07!
Joey, where are you located? You and Nathaniel should both join my Carolina Chapter in the southeast section.

Made a post on it.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! Enjoy your search for a new ride.

Archived