The MT-07 Forum

FZ07 and R3

mericc

So looks like the tailight on the R3 is exactly the same tailight on our FZ07, so now im wondering if some of the parts are interchangeable, might be nice to have a full fairing set up if we dont to be naked sometimes lol

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

They probably share small parts, nothing like the full fairing of the R3. I wouldn't mind a fully faired version like what Suzuki did with the SV650S.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

They probably share small parts, nothing like the full fairing of the R3. I wouldn't mind a fully faired version like what Suzuki did with the SV650S.
Yes please

I rode a demo model on Friday while bike shopping for the wife.

Parked my bike next to it. Looked it over real good. Only thing it shares with the FZ07 besides the taillight and not counting hardware are the clutch lever and signal lights. Everything is else different. Brake discs, front brake lever, heel guards, front master cylinder, etc. It is all different. Well, shifting rubber peg is the same but perhaps that counts towards hardware. Foot pegs, and passenger pegs are all different along with passenger peg mount.  Overall body shape is drastically different, no way fairings from the r3 can be retrofit into a FZ07.  You'll understand when you sit on it.  The FZ07 is too beefy compared to the R3.

It has front and rear emblems though which I thought was cool and the main logo on the tank is embossed, unlike the FZ07 which is more like those plastic covered key fob logos. Red "rim tape" on the black is actually not rim tape, its more like painted on or something but it doesn't look like cheap rim tape. It is slightly raised and solid like rubber, no break/seam lines.

The heel guards look bland and generic, they are different from the press pictures. Press pictures show drilled hole guards, the one on the production are flat piece of shiny steel, no design or anything on it. I didn't pay attention to the blue or red since it was only the black that was demoed but I like how the pipes are coated black.  Too bad the fairings hide them.

I won't comment on the engine and power since you know what you are expecting the moment you ride a 300cc motorcycle.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

I rode a demo model on Friday while bike shopping for the wife. 
Parked my bike next to it. Looked it over real good. Only thing it shares with the FZ07 besides the taillight and not counting hardware are the clutch lever and signal lights. Everything is else different. Brake discs, front brake lever, heel guards, front master cylinder, etc. It is all different. Well, shifting rubber peg is the same but perhaps that counts towards hardware. Foot pegs, and passenger pegs are all different along with passenger peg mount.  Overall body shape is drastically different, no way fairings from the r3 can be retrofit into a FZ07.  You'll understand when you sit on it.  The FZ07 is too beefy compared to the R3.

It has front and rear emblems though which I thought was cool and the main logo on the tank is embossed, unlike the FZ07 which is more like those plastic covered key fob logos. Red "rim tape" on the black is actually not rim tape, its more like painted on or something but it doesn't look like cheap rim tape. It is slightly raised and solid like rubber, no break/seam lines.

The heel guards look bland and generic, they are different from the press pictures. Press pictures show drilled hole guards, the one on the production are flat piece of shiny steel, no design or anything on it. I didn't pay attention to the blue or red since it was only the black that was demoed but I like how the pipes are coated black.  Too bad the fairings hide them.

I won't comment on the engine and power since you know what you are expecting the moment you ride a 300cc motorcycle.

Lame!!!! Oh well i tried lol, looks like im stuck doing the r6 front conversion since it bolts on, thanks for clarification on the r3 though, much appreciated

2015 Pearl White FZ-07
"such a torky lil guy"

Archived