The MT-07 Forum

First Bike!!!

merlinator13

merlinator13

First time rider here, first bike I have ever touched! Went to the carribean on vacation took a Vespa to the beach with the old lady for a few hours and from that second, I was sold, I needed two wheels! Got home, went to my local motorcycle shop saw this bike sat on loved it, week later I buy it! I absolutely love this bike, love how it rides how smooth it is, in my first week of riding I have rode through pouring rain, 80 degree sun and 32 degree snow! Love this bike!!!

The Dox

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome merlinator13! Sounds like you have the riding bug, bad! LOL. Stick around!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator

Welcome. Did you do the MSF course? If not I highly recommend it. You will learn a lot, even if you have been riding already.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome, We always seem to ask how the motorcycle is compared to "X". So how is the motorcycle compared to the Vespa?

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Oh Yeah, remember to vote for your favorite color and add yourself to the !

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Global Moderator

Like @hippiebikerchick says, you have the bug @merlinator13. Best decision ever. Congratulations on your purchase and thank you for joining. Be careful out there.

merlinator13

Thank you all very very much for the replys and the welcome! Yes I sure do have the riding bug, it's excellent and a very intelligent feeling! I love having to be on point in all aspects of life. This bike is crazy fun to ride to just cruise to get up and go! I have a full yoshi exhaust sitting at my office right now and puig windshield on the way. This may have been asked, but do I need to tune the bike with three exhaust!? Oh and when the hell is it going to get warm out again, 20 minutes in the snow and my hands were DONE!

The Dox

• Global Moderator

A lot of member have after market exhaust but not all have a fuel programmer. The bike runs fine without but if you want full benefit of your upgrade it is worth considering.
These bikes are pretty lean when coming out of the factory. When you change something like intake or exhaust, you might end up being too lean which is not good. There are many posts and thread here on the forum about exhausts and tuning.  Here's a good read  

• Premium Member

Welcome..I would suggest other upgrades before exhaust, like tail tidy, LEDs, headlight LED, maintenance components/tools

merlinator13

Like I have said previously! I am practically a motorcycle virgin so all information is welcome any and all advice! I already ordered the full yoshi exhaust, and now I'm looking for a good price on a power commander although o rally have little knowledge of what the power commander is and does! Lol I understand it's for tunning. I'm still learning a lot right now so I'll be asking a lot of questions. Thank you all for the swift replys!

The Dox

merlinator13

Guru... Thank you very much for that page it helped me understand a lot more and helped me place an order for the power commander! Excellent!! Thank you very much

The Dox

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Like I have said previously! I am practically a motorcycle virgin so all information is welcome any and all advice! I already ordered the full yoshi exhaust, and now I'm looking for a good price on a power commander although o rally have little knowledge of what the power commander is and does! Lol I understand it's for tunning. I'm still learning a lot right now so I'll be asking a lot of questions. Thank you all for the swift replys!
hahah straight to the exhaust, i love it. welcome to da club

• Premium Member

I took a leap and landed on my feet with this bike also every day is a good day when I can ride too bad Michigan likes to make you go out of your mind because of the 50 degree temp changes form day to day :(

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

Welcome aboard! Just a heads up but from what I've read you can't adjust your settings on the fly with a power commander like you can an EJK so that's something to consider and a lot of people here seem to think the Dobeck EJK is the way to go. Anywho, how was the Caribbean? Do any snorkeling/scuba diving? Take any pics? I'd like to see some if you did.

Beemer

merlinator13

I bought the EJK I thought that was a power commander!? Like I said still learning! The carribean is an amazing place to vacation! (Sorry ahead of time for grammar and miss spelled words)! I'd post some pictures of I knew how, I did eastern Carribean in December and western in February! I like them both, I don't think I can say ones better than the other! I had the kids with me on the western so it was a bit more... Crazy I guess you can say! I love to scuba and snorkel! The kids really loved swimming with the Dolphins in Rhoatan! The only place I did not like and have been too multiple times is Belize! It's trashy and people are ignorant I guess you can say! I'm headed to Jamaica at the end of May, or St Lucia! Really haven't decided! My honest opinion though is if you want the exotic experience! Hawaii is a must, just spend the extra $$$ and go to Hawaii, I promise you won't be disappointed( big island can be very overwhelming)! Maui, Kauai, Oahu these islands are paradise!!! I live in Toledo so I can vouche for the Michigan poster, this weather is shitty as funk!!! I have a cottage up in hills dale area of Michigan, so Go Redwings!!!!
Honestly I can't wait to get back on the bike, I'm always looking to do some upgrades to it, I'm always open to suggestions and information, I probably could use maintenance info as well! Thank you all for showing love and interest!

The Dox

merlinator13

Any advice on clutch levers!? Iv noticed I damn near need to pull mine in all the way before it engages! Not complaining just looking for advice!

The Dox

• Global Moderator
Any advice on clutch levers!? Iv noticed I damn near need to pull mine in all the way before it engages! Not complaining just looking for advice!
You could try adjusting them.

clutch.jpg

merlinator13

Lol touché! I mean are there like any aftermarket levers lighter weight!?

The Dox

Check out our Sliders and Fender ELiminator--they are the perfect first modification for your new FZ-07! We are a supporting member for this forum and so far everyone has had great success with our sliders! Check out our April giveaway of a free fender eliminator! All you have to do is reply to the tread in the supporting member section to enter!

$5 discount on all of our products with code: FZ07-FIVE!
www.vagabondmotorsports.com
Always free domestic shipping!

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

welcome to the world of biking. i hope you have a long enjoyable stay.

if you haven't already, go get some good protective gear. it could save your life. death is best visited while asleep.

-HowWorkClutch

Get a sliders set, you will not want to take bike on a side without them, the OES brand are very good and they have the complete kit for the FZ07

Archived