The MT-07 Forum

Can't stop thinking of riding!

verdecken

tqBkUiB.png

Hi everyone! I just picked up my little red riding toy on Monday, so of course the weather got cold and windy for the rest of the week. It's my second bike after having a 1971 CB750k, but I wanted to get something a little more nimble and reliable so I could use it day to day this season. I originally was set on a blurple, but I found a hell of a deal on this red one so I put down the deposit and drove the 250 miles each way to bring this lady home. I have to say that the red is really growing on me, and words can't explain how amazing it feels to ride this bike!! 

As soon as I can get a smoked motodynamics taillight, I am tearing down the back to add that and a tail tidy. The resources here are fantastic and I am excited to be a part of the community! 

Bonus pic of old-school-cool:

jPZDEzq.png

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

Your bars are upside down!

Nice old scoot, btw.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome! Remember to avoid this thread if at all possible and add yourself to the Map! Nice CB750!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome verdecken! When you get a chance to ride it you will discover that it's the fastest color. Vote here!  

Thanks for joining!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Welcome verdecken! When you get a chance to ride it you will discover that it's the fastest color. Vote here!   

Thanks for joining!
No HBC, I told him to NOT visit that form! Ugh... 

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Congrats for the new bike!  Nice Honda.

• Premium Member

Funny, our stories share several similarities. :)

I too was set on blurple, but a killer deal on red came my way. I now much prefer the black frame.. turned out swell. Also came from a 76 CB550.. I sure miss that thing now and again.

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator

Hi @verdecken, thanks for joining. Excellent bike you have there. Really, really, really love the CB750. Do you still have it?

• Premium Member

Welcome! Congrats and +1 on the CB... so jelly.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Hi @verdecken, thanks for joining. Excellent bike you have there. Really, really, really love the CB750. Do you still have it?
Thanks everyone! To those who have asked, I do not still have the CB. It was a fun bike and I love the design, but I would've wanted it to be stock, and it was having quite a few issues I didn't have time to work out. When it came down to it, getting a new bike that I could spend more time riding was more important right now. My granddad does have a 1981 CB900c sitting in his garage though that hasn't been touched in almost 30 years, so hopefully I will get that as a rainy day project rebuild!! Never getting rid of the fizzer though. I went for a ride after work today and was out for 2 hours before I realized it! So fun and way easier to carve around on.  
As for the color, Red is clearly faster, especially once I get my red rim tape installed this weekend!  :D

Also, what is the best windscreen?? I want something that blocks a bit of wind without being too large or obnoxious looking.

Archived