The MT-07 Forum

Front Tire Tread

Beemer

Is it me or is the tread on the front tire going the wrong way? It seems to me the tire's on backwards and it's not just on my FZ. 

Beemer

Guest unknown

Pics? I had the same issue when I took my rims of have a set of Q3's mounted up. if the bike is traveling that way -> you want the 'v's of tread to be upside down for the rear and right side up for the front.

• Global Moderator

There is an arrow showing the direction of rotation on the side of the tires (at least there is on the Bridgestones. I assume there is on the Michelins too).

There is an arrow showing the direction of rotation on the side of the tires (at least there is on the Bridgestones. I assume there is on the Michelins too).
Yes, there is.On the Michelins, it's a small arrow actually molded into the tread rubber just to the side of the chicken strips (edges of the tire tread). 

The small arrow is there as YZEtc stated above, it's A small raised emblem there in the Michelins, I hand mounted a set on my last CBR and looked carefully for the arrow when installing onto rims. 
Beemer, go check and let us know if in fact there mounted correctly.

Archived