The MT-07 Forum

New Rider/Member

nakedbiker

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I'm new to the motorcycle world and still waiting for my white 07 to arrive. The wait is killing me.

• Global Moderator

Hey @nakedbiker. Welcome, thanks for joining our group, you will like it here. flag-canada-10.gif

Excellent bike and colour choice.   Don't forget to vote and drop a white pin while you're at it. respect-048.gif

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome nakedbiker! When it finally arrives, you're going to love it!

Illegitimi non carborundum

You really will love it! Got mine on Monday and I keep freezing my fingers off just to get out for an hour or so. haha. Post pics when you pick it up!!

• Premium Member

welcome, hopefully you dont have to wait much longer

• Premium Member

Welcome! When you get it in, make sure you post some pictures to brag with. That is, of course, unless your username is accurate -- then, it's OK if you don't post pics :D

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I've have learned much already through this forum. I love modifying things. From cars to computers and now a motorcycle. But I'll learn to ride first. Will post pics for sure.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome!  Enjoy your new ride when it arrives and be safe out there.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome! Have fun, The FZ is a great bike (for most people) to learn on.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Global Moderator

Do you have a modification battle plan? The bike is already pretty awesome out of the box. What are you looking to do first apart from riding & grinning?

Do you have a modification battle plan? The bike is already pretty awesome out of the box. What are you looking to do first apart from riding & grinning?

Just simple things like LED turn signals and headlight tail tidy. But since talking to my insurance compan. They will cover all my accessories that I get installed in the event of a crash they will replace it all at full retail value of when I bought it. So now I'm thinking an exhaust too. What do you guys think? Good idea?

• Premium Member

I would upgrade the suspension before I put on an exhaust, but that's just me -- and I appear to be in the minority. :)

• Premium Member

Being you sound like you are just starting to ride, buy a good set of gear (helmet, gloves, pants, jacket). If you spend all the money on making your bike better but only buy cheap gear, you won't be enjoying that bike much after a crash

pantheraleo

Important: Radiator Guard, frame sliders.

I upgraded my exhaust and got the EJK from Dobeck (with forum discount) after a month or so.

Also, a good helmet can make the wind MUCH better. My Scorpion EXO 2000 really surprised me.

O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me.
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause...till it come back to me.

I ordered all my gear already. The frame sliders and rad guard sounds like a god idea. So just wait on exhaust? Just figured this could be used more as a way for others to notice me while I'm on the road for safety. And the awesome sound of course.

• Global Moderator

If it was up to me I would spend the money on the suspension instead of the exhaust. The people that are not paying attention probably have their music turned up too loud to hear your exhaust anyway (and they are going to pull out in front of you or change lanes without looking anyway). You just end up p!$$ing off the people who are paying attention with the extra noise you are making. This is my personal opinion only. I am sure others disagree but I am willing to take the heat.

how much money are we talking about for the suspension. sorry I haven't looked into this

• Global Moderator
how much money are we talking about for the suspension. sorry I haven't looked into this
Check out the supporting vendor area. Forks by Matt and Traxxion Dynamics have good options at various prices. There are also other options talked about in the suspension forum. You will get a great performance upgrade with better suspension. Exhaust is a small upgrade (and often a performance decrease) for the money. Of course if you are just doing it for the sound and looks that is different. I would just rather spend the money to make the bike perform better. 

Welcome, 'naked' biker. I must say, good choice on the color, white, it's the classiest color but not the most doppler effective. (inside joke) If I ever see ya passing by don't drop your left hand to wave ... just cover up that rascal and nod. Ha! How much longer do you have to wait on the bike? That waiting has to suck. If you post pictures make sure you take the tank sticker off first or else join the ranks of the "slapped one's".

Beemer

Thanks Beemer. It should be at the dealership April 30th but then it'll have to be assembled. So ya kinda sucks about the wait but gives me time to get things in order like my gear arriving and getting some more time to practice on my friends ninja 300.

Archived