The MT-07 Forum

Thanks for letting me join! This should be fun!!!!

freakorcycle

freakorcycle

Hi, my name is Alan. I bought a FZ07 today and I'm looking for aftermarket accessories and parts. I first would like to find out about exahusts.. What do you guys recommend to install for a good sound and good loudness. Also any websites that Sell a lot of aftermarket parts for the Yamaha FZ07 ??

Thank you again for letting me join and this forum looks like a lot of fun. I will be uploading pictures of my bike as soon as I get a chance. Ride safe.

• Premium Member

Welcome Allen. As far as parts and accessories cruise on down to the garage section of the forum. Some parts I have purchased direct from the manufacturers and some from Revzilla.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Welcome, There is a headache inducing amount of aftermarket exhausts out there, I would highlight Akrapovic and Yoshimura as good exhaust. I don't think there is a bad option.

Remember to vote for your favorite color and add yourself to the Map!

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

• Premium Member

And also take a look at the supporting Vendors section in the forums as well -- at least one (Dobeck Performance) has a large number of exhaust solutions available, and there are many discussions about each one in threads.

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Asking what exhaust to buy is a great way to open a can of worms. Everyone has their own opinion. The suggestions above are good ones. There have been many conversations about exhausts but in the end of its a very personal decision. I might hate the one you think is fantastic. Good luck and let us know what you decide (with photos please).

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome freakorcycle! Thanks for joining!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for joining Alan. We are happy that you found us. Some choose to go suspension upgrades first but if ya weigh 170 or under you can wait.

Check the Supporting Vendor boards but also check the ebay and amazon links up top of the forum.

MotorcycleSuperstore also has some great deals.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome!  This bike is easy to work on, if you plan on working on the bike yourself for mods and maint get the Yamaha FZ-07 service manual.

• Global Moderator

Hey @freakorcycle, great to have you on board! Like others said, the forum has lots of info on aftermarket exhausts. I would start reading here. Dobeck does testing on most exhausts and they have matching fuel programmers too.

• 3 weeks later...
freakorcycle

Thank you guys.. I will make sure to check out vendors on this forum. I really appreciate the warm welcome.

Welcome fellow Alan! Like others have said, start your search on the exhaust section of this forum. I have the Akrapovic Titanium that I'm currently running without the DB killer and I absolutely love it. Just throwing that out there. Nice name by the way. ;)

Archived