The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 MT-07 Windscreen Compilation

phicurious86

Guest ChicagoAJ

Ugh, I can't decide on double bubble in dark smoke or the touring Ermax in satin blue/satin gray/or dark smoke...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@chicagoaj I loved my Ermax sport screen. I've owned that and the Puig touring one, and the Ermax was def the better function and styling of the two. The quality of ermax was top notch and added a really nice front end touch to our FZ

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Global Moderator
@chicagoaj I loved my Ermax sport screen. I've owned that and the Puig touring one, and the Ermax was def the better function and styling of the two. The quality of ermax was top notch and added a really nice front end touch to our FZ
How about the dp, rizoma, or gen-x windscreens

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

@sorkyah I'm not a fan of the looks of rizoma or gen-x, but I do like the deprett moto aluminum one. Just really pricey to wanna spend for a screen.... haha

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

Guest ChicagoAJ
How about the dp, rizoma, or gen-x windscreens
If I get anything I would want to get a touring height screen. Otherwise I feel like it wouldn't be worth it at all. I'm about 6'2" so I would need the extra height. 

• 1 year later...
  • Global Moderator
7 minutes ago, mtalbo said:

With a windscreen, is it tougher to put the key in the ignition?   2017 FZ-07

I expect it depends on which windscreen.  I have the Yamaha "front cowl" and have no problem, even with gloves on.  

11 hours ago, mtalbo said:

I have an Ermax windscreen and no troubles with mine. Not even close to having trouble. I imagine you can do this with about any windscreen but some of the small benefits of them other than blocking wind are I often put a bottle of soda pop that I buy at a gas station at the end of a ride and put it behind my digital display or a small bag of this or that. The display is usually high enough that it holds things in place so you don't have to always take the time to open a tail or tank bag to put things in. I just slap it behind my windscreen real quick and go!

Beemer

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker

I have a Puig Naked New Generation Touring windscreen, and I have no problems--there's lots of space between the screen and the ignition.

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

32 minutes ago, Beemer said:

I have an Ermax windscreen and no troubles with mine. Not even close to having trouble. I imagine you can do this with about any windscreen but some of the small benefits of them other than blocking wind are I often put a bottle of soda pop that I buy at a gas station at the end of a ride and put it behind my digital display or a small bag of this or that. The display is usually high enough that it holds things in place so you don't have to always take the time to open a tail or tank bag to put things in. I just slap it behind my windscreen real quick and go!

Ermax for the WIN!  had the Puig and the Ermax is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better at blocking air and looks ten times better too.  I usuaslly do a few 1000+ mile rides every summer and this thingis brilliant.

IMG_20171028_115859_421.thumb.jpg.1564e4d35904864168b57f8d0540ee21.jpg

14 hours ago, mtalbo said:

With really thick gloves, yes.  Far from impossible.  I wouldn't worry.

Even with all these options, Yamaha's small ws looks the best in my opinion from a cosmetic stand point. It's just too bad I can't justify buying it at that price...

4 hours ago, tripfitmoto said:

Even with all these options, Yamaha's small ws looks the best in my opinion from a cosmetic stand point. It's just too bad I can't justify buying it at that price...

That, and it doesn't actually block any wind.

18 minutes ago, stickshift said:

That, and it doesn't actually block any wind.

It's a naked bike so this screen wasn't designed for function by Yamaha. And the small screens do not block much wind anyway unlike the touring screens.

I''m surprised other vendors haven't tried to copy Yamaha's design of the small screen, because most of the small screens are butt ugly (especially the puig one).

• Premium Member

I prefer to not use a windscreen( works the core muscles :) ) but I do have an Ermax windscreen in which I mounted my POD300 display as my MPH gauge as its right in my field of view and also doubles as my shift light and various other engine info...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Grip it & Rip it

I initially got the MRA double bubble but the buffeting was so loud and annoying I had to take it off. Replaced it with the rizoma purely for looks and it's nice and quiet again 😎. I generally forego the freeway for more fun roads, and if I have to do a short freeway stint to get to them, the wind doesn't bother me.

I first tried a Givi which looked great, but didn't work well.

I currently have a Dart Manta which works fine, and has this funky Conquistador helmet-look which I am totally OK with.

I rode 720 miles in 1.5 days with the Dart Manta and I was fine - the wind blast did not beat me up at all.

5a6bc0ef41de9_IMG_1301(480x640).jpg.73559d74f02b1884b8590b77037ec9e1.jpg

I have the Dart Manta as well.  It really is a nice windscreen and functions well.  Perhaps a little too well.  I have since removed the windscreen as I prefer the maximum airflow in this climate.  We also don't have any freeways, so there's that.

On 1/26/2018 at 5:00 PM, FZ07R WaNaB said:

I first tried a Givi which looked great, but didn't work well.

I currently have a Dart Manta which works fine, and has this funky Conquistador helmet-look which I am totally OK with.

I rode 720 miles in 1.5 days with the Dart Manta and I was fine - the wind blast did not beat me up at all.

5a6bc0ef41de9_IMG_1301(480x640).jpg.73559d74f02b1884b8590b77037ec9e1.jpg

Got a link? If so I'll add it to the list!

• 2 months later...

I just received and installed my Dart Manta as a replacement for the Puig Sport screen I was using.

I've posted before somewhere on the forum about what I've used, but can't remember where.

The Yamaha Flyscreen did zilch, but I guess it keeps the bugs off of your keys...  The Puig does ok till around 50-60mph, then didn't do much.  I used the MRA Double Bubble (my wife has it now) and it really did a good job until maybe 85ish, then started to become less effective, but still made some difference past 100mph.  Haven't ridden with the Manta yet, but hope it's as good as they say.  (I'm 6'1" for reference)

A pic of the 4 I've got to compare sizes and stuff.  L to R: Yamaha Flyscreen, Puig Sport, MRA Double Bubble, Dart Manta.  Sorry if the pic isn't a good one, it's really bright outside and I'm a really crappy photographer using a phone.

5ad273dca96cd_4windscreens3.thumb.jpg.03fef4f24cd924c8b2866deebbad00e4.jpg

I just received my Dart Manta and was waiting till i got it to post.  I wasn't sure if I would get everything, but I got it complete - windscreen, bracket, bolts - for $104.95 shipped to the US.

If you go to https://www.dartflyscreens.com/products/manta-windshield?variant=37841988554, it's $104.95 shipped to the US.  If you go to https://www.dartflyscreens.com/products/yamaha-fz07-mt07-flyscreen, its $145.95 shipped to the US.  Just make sure you choose your bike (FZ 07) on the first option's dropdown menu or you just get the screen and no hardware.

I have no idea if you get something extra with the more expensive one or it's a mistake on the site, but I paid the cheaper price and everything was there to install it.

It looks to be a quality product and got to Texas from England in about 10 days.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
On 6/20/2016 at 10:41 PM, johnydecali said:

Does anyone have the DPM windscreen? http://www.deprettomoto.com/en/motorcycle-accessories/race/yamaha/mt07/1615/

Thoughts and pics too?

Thanks

I have the DPM on my bike for about a year. Finish/quality is top. Fit wasn't perfect, it took me a bit of effort to get it in place. Wind protection is very good, (I'm 5 10"), even if it is shorter than the last two windscreens I tested on the bike.

bike 1.jpg

bike 2.jpg

bike 3.jpg

bike 4.jpg

Love to ride!

Archived