The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha FZ-07 vs Honda NC700X !

1finefz09

Most people are comparing the FZ-07 against the Suzuki SV-650, but another comparison is the Honda NC700X. From a price point, these two will be compared by many new Motorcycle buyers in the coming months and years. The FZ-07 smokes the Honda in about every catagory. Yamaha is back Baby!

[video src=http://youtu.be/e63_mbOPMg4]

willowbilly

I agree that these two bikes are in competition. I almost pulled the trigger on a left over Honda NC700. The otd price was only $6500. I love the trunk in the tank. I was a little skeptical of the low rev range, and low horsepower.

In the end, it was the Yamaha styling that got me to hold off. I have never owned a yamaha motorcycle. I have owned three Hondas. I do have a Yamaha outboard motor, and it's bulletproof. I'm counting on that quality to exist in their two wheeled line up as well.

The NC700 owners are really pissed about this video, lol. I like he NC700, and I like Honda, but they just don't build any bikes that I can relate to anymore, besides the CBR and the Valkrie. It's like they are tryin to build these space age looking bikes that have no power, with auto transmissions for people just getting into riding, or people who want just a simple bike that trudges along at a safe and sane speed. While I respect that, they no longer raise any passion in me. Man, I used to Love Honda in the 80's. That V-65 Magna came out and was a terror! The Interceptor was cutting edge and good performance, for back then.

Now, Yamaha is building passionate new bikes. At least for me.

I don't think these two bikes are even remotely similar and I don't honestly think Honda is trying to compete with it with the NC700. The newer 650cc four cylinder bikes Honda is making are a more likely competitor (although their pricing puts them more up against the 09). It's a different bike for a different crowd, IMO.

I think that the FZ-07's only real competitors in the market are the Kawasaki and Suzuki SV650 powered twins, and the only one of those that could have matched its tendency to welcome being ridden hard is the older SV650 (the newer SFV650 has been softened up a bit too much to make the same claim).

Archived