The MT-07 Forum

Sierra Trading Post's daily deal flyers rocks!

Cruizin

Ok, so this isn't Bike related but so what? I hike and camp alot in the Summer. Living in Idaho, we are blessed with some Rocky Mountain beauty that keeps drawing me back.

I also do alot of camping trips on motorcycles and lightweight backpacking gear is the best to take for motorcycle camping.

Anywho, if you want the best deals available, Sierra Trading Post has this daily deal email that they send out. The other night it was 60% off everything, and their prices are already the best anyways. I scored a North Face Jacket that is usually $280 for $75.00. I have a ton of awesome gear and clothes from them that I paid a fraction of regular price for. I always use the daily deals and wait for the really big ones, 2-3 times per month. And if you like Carhartt, this is the cheapest method/way to buy em.

My steps.

1. Click here to go to Sierra Trading Post

2. Scroll down to the bottom right of the front page and sign up for Deal flyer. I never get spam, just discount emails. Enter the email address that you will actually see ea day.

Usually it's 30-40% deals off certain items, but once a week it's like 50% of everything. Sometimes 70% off everything. And that's % off stuff thats already on sale!

When you get an email from them, click on it and look thru the items on that deal of the day. You can filter results for just men or sleeping bags.

I got both my lightweight tents and sleeping bags from them cheap. got my wife a really nice backpack.

• Premium Member

Motorcycling, hiking, lightweight.. we think a lot alike my friend. Thanks for the insight!

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Hey Cruizin, have you ever done the Sawtooth Lake Hike? I did it the first time in high school (an embarrassingly long time ago), and I've done it a bunch of other times since.  In fact it's my favorite place in the world, and when I die I want to be cremated and my ashes spread on the lake (just to force someone to go there and experience the beauty). :)

Why can't left turners see us?

I do it every year, usually stop and spend the night at alpine lake the night before and then hike up to Sawtooth lake without packs. Often trudge thru snow in August in certain parts of the trail.

It is an awesome hike. People who have never been before get to the top and say, holy shet! It's so beautiful and it's photos don calenders all over the world.

But as beautiful as it is, I know a few even better in the Sawtooths but they are longer hikes.

My Grandson made it up to Sawtooth Lake when he was 4 years old and people couldn't believe it because he was carrying a pack. He is my hiking buddy and a real trooper.

• Premium Member

Yea, the first time I did the hike we camped at Alpine lake. Since then I've always made it a day hike. Hey, the last time I was there wifey and I visited a hidden hot tub off the Iron Creek trail (I've been sworn to secrecy about it's location), but the bears know where it is, which was pretty scary (I'm sure was looking at us and thinking "dumplings!", but he decided not to eat us and left).

Why can't left turners see us?

I do a lot of backpacking. Firmly in the UL/High Mileage camp. STP is a great resource. You gotta game those coupons. Never buy without free shipping, or $0.99 shipping, or you can give back all your savings on one or two items.

I was holding out on a backpacking tent (For car camping.) for two weeks. It was on clearance and none of the coupons would apply. The other day I see it is off of clearance and now $90 more. Dang! Working STP is like gambling.

Im lucky because we have an STP store 4 miles from my house and they often honor the daily deals. If they dont have what I order in stock I just have it ordered to the store for free.

But alot of the discounts are a savings even if you pay shipping.

I am hooked on Icebreaker brand Merino wool apparel right now. Good stuff to wear under your armor, in both warm and cool climes.

• 2 months later...

Got a daily deal email for 50% off everything yesterday at 6 pm that was only valid until midnight. Scored a Big Agnes Fishhook UL 2 person backing tent that is usually $459.00, they had it on sale for $279.95 and I used the 50% daily deal and scored it for $139.50!!

big-agnes-fishhook-ul-2-tent-with-footprint-2-person-3-season-in-light-grey-moss~p~8481j_01~460.2.jpg

If you haven't signed up for Sierra Trading Post daily deals yet, I suggest you do! Sierra Trading post, go to bottom right corner of page and sig up for the deal flyer. You will get daily email deals that rock! Once per week you get a huge discount deal that is only good for a few hours.

• Premium Member

That's a killer deal on a nice tent. Reminds me I need to get some tyvek to make a ground cloth for mine.

Everything went braap.

Archived