The MT-07 Forum

New Member Reporting from Reno, NV

awoods177

awoods177

Hey Ya'll,

New to the FZ-07 scene, as I just picked up my new bike this weekend! Previously owned a 2003 SV-650 which I loved, but was itching to get onto something new... So far, loving the new ride and can't wait to get out and put some miles on it.

Bought it up in Oregon @ Power Yamaha, and took a nice hike while we were up there. A lot of driving in two days though, I have to admit I'm not keen on doing it again soon haha.

Here are some photos from the trip and of the new bike. We took a great hike while we were up there!

9d89bebc948f33a04f94bd43cf959841.jpg

aae4e58fdad2b85409e22bc5c01a7485.jpg

dc41709e396e70158ec62e1fa8100845.jpg

9f493332d5a9439c8c3d871820503481.jpg

35f0148d1507342e2b52f4fe9b207d79.jpg

12a0af342b4d355c61672b495f72aa4c.jpg

0008d6fd416eb392072eb6d6887a3863.jpg

609c84fdf6c4a12dd5f9c77815fda7c1.jpg

24182314dfaedfb7977e0e8a6bc542cf.jpg

b1179b27991777e5711431eb73804c47.jpg

flickr album from trip

Anyone else on here from the Reno/Tahoe area?

--Alex

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome awoods177 and congratulations on getting the fastest color! Vote here!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Welcome! Already equipped with the Yoshi exhaust! Great hiking pics. Where were they taken?

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

awoods177
Welcome! Already equipped with the Yoshi exhaust! Great hiking pics. Where were they taken? 

Yeah! Came from the dealer that way. Saved me the trouble of installing so I was stoked! Sounds SO badass.

The hike was Silver Falls just 20 minutes or so away from where I got my bike. Really cool stuff - and the drive to the hike would have been awesome on the bike if it wasn't in the truck haha.

• Premium Member

That's awesome. I mean, I've wanted to go to Oregon, but you've convinced me that I NEED to go.

awoods177

It was pretty neat, not going to lie. I haven't been to Oregon since I was really young so everything was basically brand new again haha.

Although, it would be quite the trip from SoCal...if you split up the drive over a few days it probably wouldn't be too bad but if you wanted to jam up I wouldn't recommend doing it on a bike.

Either way though, very cool trip! Should definitely get up there and check it out.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Welcome to the forums! My parents in law reside in Reno and father in law rides, it'd be great to visit w/ the bike. If that ever happens you'll be getting a PM!

That's awesome. I mean, I've wanted to go to Oregon, but you've convinced me that I NEED to go.
Let's go! I'm from Portland and have been trying to scheme a way to get my bike up there, the scenery up there is unparalleled. Camping trip all the way up on motorbikes.  

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome and congratulations for the new ride!

• Premium Member
Welcome to the forums! My parents in law reside in Reno and father in law rides, it'd be great to visit w/ the bike. If that ever happens you'll be getting a PM! 

Let's go! I'm from Portland and have been trying to scheme a way to get my bike up there, the scenery up there is unparalleled. Camping trip all the way up on motorbikes.  
Haha, snap. NOW THAT'S an adventure. Never camped with the bike... I think a smaller one should be underway before crossing all of CA. What do you think? But I want to go to PORTLANDDDDDD.

awoods177

Can I just say I love this bike? Haha had a shit eating grin on the whole way to work this morning and I wasn't even doing anything particular interesting. Just an effin FUN bike to ride!

• 1 year later...

I got mine from Power also just before I moved back to Reno. What a coincidence. I wonder if there's any more on here in Reno?

Welcome awoods177 and congratulations on getting the fastest color! Vote here!
Question ... if he switches panels for a different color will his bike suddenly become slower or will he become an outcast, only to have dust kicked up in his face and snickered at by passing reds? The universe teeters on this question. 

[attachment id=2300" thumbnail="1]

Beemer

Archived