The MT-07 Forum

Performance Exhaust Rant / Discussion

outcrydrummer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the Two Brothers full exhaust. Wow its a lot louder than stock haha. I love it though. I need everything I can to get these morons on the road to notice me.

I need everything I can to get these morons on the road to notice me.
Except that exhaust is the worst solution to that. 
use the horn. and headlight modulator. Also if you wear an orange safety vest (or bright yellow 3/4 jacket) people wake up pretty quick both during the day and night. The number of times people pulled over thinking I was a cop was hilarious. I was so tempted to put "polite" or "politic" on my vest but didn't want to get harassed by the state-sponsored criminals in blue.
bannerfans_1095431.jpg

bmwpowere36m3
I need everything I can to get these morons on the road to notice me.
Except that exhaust is the worst solution to that. 
use the horn. and headlight modulator. Also if you wear an orange safety vest (or bright yellow 3/4 jacket) people wake up pretty quick both during the day and night. The number of times people pulled over thinking I was a cop was hilarious. I was so tempted to put "polite" or "politic" on my vest but didn't want to get harassed by the state-sponsored criminals in blue.

Yeah, only people in vehicles right next to you or behind will hear you... they won't hear you "coming" coming up on them. Stupid mantra to justify loud pipes. However I do like loud pipes ;D

Agree to disagree. I ride around town, 30-50mph. It turns heads, which helps. Anything that can help keep me alive, even a little, is a plus.

Watch any Royal Jordanian video, especially one when he's on the Nuda, and tell me a louder exhaust does not get someone noticed. Yes, being seen is a huge thing too, but when you are passing though blind spots the brightest day-glow jacket in the world will still not let your presence be known.

Being seen and being heard both have their advantages and disadvantages. It just depends on the situation and the rider having good situational awareness.

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member

Don't forget the doppelganger effect (rofl) :D (rofl)

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Which current exhaust provides the best gains based off the dyno? Probably too complicated of a question but maybe it can be broken down into categories like "best top-end power" or "best midrange power", "best overall power gain", "best street usable power gain"

'15 FZ-09 Cadmium Yellow
'15 White Fz-07 - Sold

• Premium Member

The aftermarket exhaust are gonna be very close in gains... but the stock exhaust still works wonders with a ECU reflash...the ECU flash is your best bang for buck at about $350...any aftermarket pipes will let the engine breathe more in the high end of the RPM range...look into the 2 wheel dyno works section here...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Watch any Royal Jordanian video, especially one when he's on the Nuda, and tell me a louder exhaust does not get someone noticed. Yes, being seen is a huge thing too, but when you are passing though blind spots the brightest day-glow jacket in the world will still not let your presence be known.  
Being seen and being heard both have their advantages and disadvantages. It just depends on the situation and the rider having good situational awareness.
Beat me to it. Yeah when I'm driving my car, I usually hear harleys before I see them. Not sure what you other fellas are thinking, but a loud exhaust helps with getting your presence on the road known.....end of story.  
Anyways back on topic. I had another bike guy see my setup and he claims I need a tune with the Two Brothers exhaust. Thoughts?

So tune it it's been said it will make your bike run better end of story I don't know what other kind of answer your looking for.

It will not hurt your motorcycle without the tune just won't be optimal.

So tune it it's been said it will make your bike run better end of story I don't know what other kind of answer your looking for. 
It will not hurt your motorcycle without the tune just won't be optimal.

What about a flash? My buddy said the dealership can do it, I've never heard of that though.

a dealership can/will only re-flash with the Yamaha approved flash which is (unprintable @$@%@). EJK or reflash by a tuner who knows what they are doing are the only useful options.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So in the July issue of CycleWorld (p.74) the press discloses that Yamaha really is utterly full of something with regard to fuel management:

"...but the reflash allowed fueling to be turned on where the factory originally had none - closed throttle above 4500 rpm"

So there you have it, proof that on the FZ09 they cut fuel entirely on closed throttle at considerable RPM. And we wonder why all the extreme popping and decel? I don't know if the FZ07 has the same stupid setup but I would expect so.

and then the article went on to describe how the Bazzaz and PowerCommander could not address the issue (they are additive to ECU signals and same would apply to the ECJ I reckon).

They paid Flash Tune $200 for the mail-in reflash.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

• Premium Member
phicurious86
So in the July issue of CycleWorld (p.74) the press discloses that Yamaha really is utterly full of something with regard to fuel management: 
"...but the reflash allowed fueling to be turned on where the factory originally had none - closed throttle above 4500 rpm"

So there you have it, proof that on the FZ09 they cut fuel entirely on closed throttle at considerable RPM. And we wonder why all the extreme popping and decel? I don't know if the FZ07 has the same stupid setup but I would expect so.

and then the article went on to describe how the Bazzaz and PowerCommander could not address the issue (they are additive to ECU signals and same would apply to the ECJ I reckon).

They paid Flash Tune $200 for the mail-in reflash.
Basically lines up with my experience on the fz07 with an ejk and ecu reflash. Both the reflash and EJK seemed to significantly reduced engine decel at closed throttle across the rpm board. However, my experience was that the EJK was able to address some of that engine decel all on its own.  That being said, I didn't pay enough attention to see if I experienced harder decel for closed throttle above 4.5k rpm.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
Which current exhaust provides the best gains based off the dyno? Probably too complicated of a question but maybe it can be broken down into categories like "best top-end power" or "best midrange power", "best overall power gain", "best street usable power gain"
That's a question for Dillon @tuninghq at Dobeck Performance, he can straight out tell you which one gives peak performance out of everything that they have done R&D on...which is a large quantity of exhausts

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

Archived