The MT-07 Forum

Brake checked: smack!

howworkclutch

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

Some old dude brake checked me thinking he was being cute. I just happened to be checking my mirrors.

So I want to let you all know that the frame mount where the frame sliders go is a hazard if you ride-out a head-on collision. Get some pants with really good knee armor.

A cup might be helpful as well. I had to swallow to put my testicles back in place.

The bike is fine. Mostly. Gonna pull the forks and check them for bends.

I'm fine. Thinking I might look good in a long black dress when I sing soprano, but otherwise ok.

Stay safe out there.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member

Man, what a friggen prick. Glad you seem okay, but from the description I can't begin to imagine.

I guess your knees got shoved into the frame where it bolts up?

If your radiator plastics got muffed, I have a pair laying around. Don't know how damaging the altercation was.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
grahamfz07

oh man thats brutal, sorry to hear that. Glad your alright besides the nut crush

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

he asked if i was ok. i think he felt remorse. i dunno. i was busy with my man-parts. i know he wanted to get out of there. i wanted to ask him why he felt the need to stop suddenly but i really truly was concentrating on the extreme agony of having my fizzy-bits slammed against the tank. we were back on the road in short order.

the bike is fine. the fork tubes are probably bent: right-hand turns don't feel right. but i drove the bike 160 miles home without problem. the brake feels normal. no high-speed wobbles. just a little extra effort needed to turn right. it may be in my mind. i'll know for sure when i pull the forks off this weekend.

i work in a city 170 miles from home. thursdays are go-home day and i was in a big hurry to get out on the open interstate. i was in/out of bumper-to-bumper traffic and basically hooning. i saw a chance to pop over in the left-lane and took it. i think it pissed dude off, along with a lot of other folks.

i reckon if you hoon in heavy traffic people will certainly see you and there is safety in that. but, its also a risk because a lot of passive-agressive pricks have never ridden a motorcycle and just assume we drive like wackers because we're all criminals with methamphetamine addictions. there is no way to win, really.

so anyway, that frame protrusion will get you right below the knee if you slide forward. if i'd had my normal riding pants on: no problem. but i was in a pair of jeans because i was in a hurry and didn't want to leather-up for a boring interstate run. dumb.

-HowWorkClutch

• Premium Member

Wow! I never thought of that. Protect the bike and break you knee! I hope you OK. Please elaborate on how the frame protector caused injury.
Maybe I'll take mine off. I can buy a new bike. Hell... I can probably buy a new knee too, but it will be a lot more expensive, painful, and the recovery time is longer.

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

t wasn't the protector. It's that round protrusion where the protector goes. So if you don't have a frame protector: don't think you're immune.

When the bike hits you'll slide up the tank (on your personal ball-bearings), Your legs will fly forward and the inside of your knee will smack the protrusion where the frame protector mounts.

If you have a frame protector you'll take a hit to the knee-cap.

Get some riding pants with really thick knee pads: Problem solved.

-HowWorkClutch

bmwpowere36m3
Riding / racing boots might help ? Glad your ok..scary stuff but lesson learned too

They don't go up to your knee-cap... need knee guards for that.

• Premium Member
phicurious86

Damn. Glad you're relatively unscathed. Hope you have a speedy recovery and that your worry about the forks proves unfounded.

Archived